Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Internet
Scitech personalized account
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
arr
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Jan, 2004
1. Scitech personalized account
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Is anyone else having problems trying to setup an personalized account at myscitech.com. There are no options in the os, manufacterer or chipset lists so consequently it fails. I have tried several times so I this point I just gave up.

arr

Date: 18 Apr, 2004 on 12:34
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Scitech personalized account
Nope, it's not just on your side there is problem to register. First one can't pick the chipset used and second there is problem to fullfill the personal info. Claims that the e-mail filled in is not valid. But, guess that they will get it to work during the next couple of days.
Date: 18 Apr, 2004 on 15:27
zionite
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 02 Jan, 2001
3. Re:Scitech personalized account
same here and as well lots of people have posted the same problem within there news groups. So far no solution.

\zn

Date: 18 Apr, 2004 on 17:19
arr
Premium member
in user

4. Re:Scitech personalized account
Ok, they have apparently ironed the bugs out since I just made another attempt and had no problem creating an account and generating a build for my graphics chipset so now I will install it and give it a test.

regards,
arr

Date: 19 Apr, 2004 on 03:56
Ben Dragon
Premium member
in user

since: 15 Apr, 2004
5. Re:Scitech personalized account
What advantages does the PE version have over the regular versions?
Date: 19 Apr, 2004 on 15:57
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
6. Re:Scitech personalized account
last updated at 20 Apr, 2004 10:29 (1 times)
As far as I understand there is no fee on it as long it's not used commercial. On the downside is if you swap gfx card once a time every week you might consider the full version since you have to create a new driver profile each and everytime you change gfx card. But how often is that actually needed?
Date: 19 Apr, 2004 on 18:29
arr
Premium member
in user

7. Re:Scitech personalized account
last updated at 19 Apr, 2004 19:00 (1 times)
Well in my circumstances, I don't plan on changing the card anytime soon so not a big deal on that one. I was using the last free edition(I think) of IBM's special edition of Scitech Display Doctor 7.04. Had no problem with the install, installed it right over top of the old stuff, rebooted and all was working great and it did take care of a few minor graphical glitches(some occassional bleeding when highlighting menu items and similar small glitches as this). I am using a AOpen PA700 Pro with a Savage4 chipset. The custom build so far is working great. I did notice it allows me to change the refresh rate without rebooting which I couldn't do before but I still have to reboot if I change the display resolution or the color depth or so it told me when I changed. I didn't actually rebooted, I just reselected the old settings. I also liked the installer. It just depends on what previous version you are coming from and whether you plan on changing the card anytime soon. And yes it is free as long as it is not used for commercial use and it even says who it is licensed during bootup to the user who built the driver package.

regards,
arr

Date: 19 Apr, 2004 on 18:57
Scitech personalized account
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: