Author Topic: USB WiFi  (Read 5134 times)

WildRabbit

USB WiFi
« on: October 08, 2016, 02:58:56 am »
Hi everyone. I've been a long time Linux user until my hard drive died. I thought I'd give eComStation a try. So far it seem cool but I'm lost trying to get my USB WiFi working. Unfortunately, I don't know what chip it is because I got it off ebay. One of those cheep ones. Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: USB WiFi
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 04:40:53 pm »
Hi Aaron. Welcome to the forum.

I don't remember to have seen any USB Wifi netword apdater that worked on OS/2, but everybody is welcome to report one.

It can be interesting to know the hardwareID of the device you are using to have some hints of what chipset does it uses, but I don't have registered any USB wifi device that works.

If someone has one that works please let me know to regiter it on the wiki.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 07:29:56 pm »
Wasn't that the reason someone ported USB-MODESWITCH from Linux way back in 2009?

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 09:40:12 pm »
Hi Aaron. Welcome to the forum.

I don't remember to have seen any USB Wifi netword apdater that worked on OS/2, but everybody is welcome to report one.

It can be interesting to know the hardwareID of the device you are using to have some hints of what chipset does it uses, but I don't have registered any USB wifi device that works.

If someone has one that works please let me know to regiter it on the wiki.

Regards

Your right Martin as far as I can remember there has never been any Wifi USB supported chipsets on OS/2.
There is are two USB ethernet drivers for OS/2, but that is it (I think). Unless I missed something.

Roderick