Author Topic: XWP (xWorkplace) v1.0.11 beta3 Comments  (Read 27373 times)

roberto

• View Profile
Re: XWP (xWorkplace) v1.0.11 beta3 Comments
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 02:57:14 pm »
This problem only occurs under certain circumstances. And it is when the menu that opens, is mounted above the mouse pointer. And of course I have about 100 fonts. If you are only 20, your menu will be smaller, and you may not see it. In fact if I decreased the size of the graphics bar of processors, I do not have the problem either. But by increasing the size, and moving it to the right the system setup, I am forcing to the fonts menu to be mounted on the mouse pointer.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 10:37:43 pm »
I still can't reproduce what you are seeing and I have 105 fonts on this particular machine that we use for producing technical manuals.

I continus to yhink it is a hardware problem with your mouse.  The mouse should only send one signal to the controller software and that is generally when the button is down.  The button up signal should be suppressed both by the hardware and the controller software.  What you are describing is a button down signal and a button up signal from your mouse which, unless you are using a very expensive industrial programmable unit, only happens when the signal shaping chip in the mouse is faulty.

Have you tried your test with a different mouse yet? 

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 05:12:11 pm »
It seems like an example from the folder fonts, it has not been the best. In my work I have tested with two pcs, and one failed, and the other did not. The one that did not fail had a higher screen resolution. The one that failed, corrected the fault by holding down the mouse.
In my opinion this program is designed to keep the mouse pressed. Among other reasons because it does not fail. It allows you to move at an incredible speed by folders and files, if you hold the mouse, that if the last file or program that you select will be the one that opens, when you up boton.
What is clear is that this failure has nothing to do with the XWP v1.0.11beta3, since in any of the computers where the proved today, had this application installed.

This problem only occurs under certain circumstances. And it is when the menu that opens, is mounted above the mouse pointer.

Oxyd

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2016, 04:15:17 am »
Hi

xWorkplace v1.0.11 beta 3 is working fine here.

I'm trying to make xview the default view when I open some folders. I know it can be done with "Open as..." and pressing "Shift" to select the new default.

But I was wondering if there is different way to do the same but from the object properties. Does anybody know if there is other way to do the same?

Regards
Best way: Open standart XWorkplace object "Workplace Shell" Go to "Folder Views" tab, and set XView as default view of dirs.
See attached pic...

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2016, 05:28:16 pm »
Thanks for updating the Wiki article Vadim.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2016, 08:41:52 pm »
It happens to me that I can not dial as default -xview-
It could be that I have the corrupt in inis files.

But I wanted to comment on another problem, which is that after starting the system and with all programs closed. If I execute using the WPS search function (right click on a folder/desktop and choose find)
If I search for a file.txt the name of the file no is important, in 5 partitions less that 30gb no have problems. But in other more big partition that have the unix-root in it. 255gb free 150gb. aproximate.
The graphics of the processors moves to the maximum, if I leave the system ends up hanging, but if I remove the usb-mouse and insert it again continuous. But forcing me to take out and re-enter the usb.
But on another boot partition, without having xwp-v1011 installed, the problem is the same.
Does this happen to anyone else?

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2016, 10:42:00 pm »
But I wanted to comment on another problem, which is that after starting the system and with all programs closed. If I execute using the WPS search function (right click on a folder/desktop and choose find)
If I search for a file.txt the name of the file no is important, in 5 partitions less that 30gb no have problems. But in other more big partition that have the unix-root in it. 255gb free 150gb. aproximate.
The graphics of the processors moves to the maximum, if I leave the system ends up hanging, but if I remove the usb-mouse and insert it again continuous. But forcing me to take out and re-enter the usb.
After deinstall this files the problem is solved
23:06:14.99 Done with package "netlabs.org\Qt4\SysTray\100\1\1\843"
23:06:14.99 Deinstalling package "netlabs.org\Qt4\SysTrayDLL\100\1\1\843"
23:06:15.05     Deleted file "C:\ecs\dll\xsystray.dll"
23:06:15.05     Removed package "netlabs.org\Qt4\SysTrayDLL\100\1\1\843" from the database
23:06:15.05 Done with package "netlabs.org\Qt4\SysTrayDLL\100\1\1\843"
23:06:15.05 WarpIN Database thread is exiting
23:06:38.06 WarpIN Database thread started
23:06:38.06 Deinstalling package "netlabs.org\Qt4\SysTray\100\1\1\843"
23:06:43.93     Deleted file "C:\ECS\SYSTEM\eWPS\plugins\xcenter\xsystray.dll"
23:06:43.93     Removed package "netlabs.org\Qt4\SysTray\100\1\1\843" from the database
Is it possible that as the dlls are duplicated, the error occurs?
In fact I remember that in some searches I showed two file shadows when there was only one.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2016, 10:15:41 am »
After locate the problem in same qt programs.
I reinstal the system, xfix the inis and reinstall xwp1011.
And xwp1011 help me for locate the problem in *extended atribb* in error in qt programs and files.
I only detec 2 problems with xwp1011:
1- In restart the system. After install xwp1011, for restart the system I have to take the laptoop off for 10 to 20 minutes minimum before start again or the system hang in the start.
2- I can not select Xview as default. (I install xwp1011 in a clean system and the problem is the same)

Other coment:
The *find* and *save as* hang the system with and without xwp1011
I am run in laptoop with 3 mouse, one track mouse in keyboard,another path mouse, and other usb mouse.

And I made a test
Copy multipt.exe multipt-stop.exe
copy helpmsg.exe multipt.exe
and restart
(in this point all run perfect)
kill usbmon.exe

and *find* again with *save as* no fail!!

Conclusion the usbmon.exe have a problems with *find*.