Author Topic: Does CD / DVD Toys allow you to burn bluray 50 gigabytes (BD-R DL) discs?  (Read 7313 times)

J_Vicente

Hello everyone
I'm thinking of changing my dvd recorders to bluray ones. My question is if the CD / DVD Toys is capable of recording bluray disks of 50 gigas (BD-R DL)

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
Re: Does CD / DVD Toys allow you to burn bluray 50 gigabytes (BD-R DL) discs?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 11:49:35 pm »
Hello everyone
I'm thinking of changing my dvd recorders to bluray ones. My question is if the CD / DVD Toys is capable of recording bluray disks of 50 gigas (BD-R DL)

I guess you need to ask eCo software. On the website they do write:
CD/DVD Toys is a set of utilities to burn CD and DVD disks (Blu-Ray, HD-DVD).
You can download a trial version here:
http://en.ecomstation.ru/projects/dvdtoys/?action=down

Roderick Klein
President OS/2 VOICE

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 07:43:21 pm »
Hello everyone

I don't know about CD / DVD Toys, but DVDDAO (http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/apps/mmedia/cd/cd-r/dvddao-2.0.6.zip) says that it does bluray. I never tried it, because I don't have one, but it works well with other media that I do have.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 08:16:06 pm »
One thing to consider is that we don't have the latest UDF file system that Bluray uses. Our one should work and produce Blurays that are readable by other systems but we can't read bluray's produced by other systems or commercially produced.

J_Vicente

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 01:23:30 am »
I am a user of cd / dvd toys. My bluray recorder is a Pioneer BDR-S09XLT, I was able to record BD-R and BD-R DL (50 GB). The problem I've seen is that the BD-RE (rewritable) identifies them but does not show the capacity of the disc that can record, resulting in recording impossible to do.
The engraved bluray can be read in both windows and linux.