Author Topic: DropBox problem  (Read 13993 times)

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
DropBox problem
« on: January 04, 2017, 12:24:40 am »
Has anybody got DropBox working correctly on OS2-eCS? I'm partway there but can't seem to come up with the final fix. I'm using npdpbox-0.4.0-b5 with Netdrive-NDFS315. It passes the authorization and brings up my current DropBox directory list on Firefox, but I cant do anything, as there is no DropBox folder created in my root directory. In Windows7 on another machine I can add or delete files and those actions show up in my eCS dropbox in Firefox.
Anybody got any ideas as to what I've missed?  Thanks

klipp

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
Re: DropBox problem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 05:22:06 am »
I have it working here. Same version as you.

Did you run the NetDrive control panel to mount your local dropbox directory?
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 12:21:32 am »
Hi Neil, Thanks for the help. My root drive is H: with ndpdbox directory in H:\usr\share\doc\ndpdbox-0.4.0-b5. My Netdrive drive is Drive J:
Using H:\NDFS\ndpm.exe, I created a Mount point at J:Dropbox, then a local resource with apparently different incorrect parameters. It says to enter the full path name of a local or network  directory that will be mounted to J:Dropbox. I don't know what to enter here!??¿¿ What do you suggest?

klipp

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 12:58:22 am »
Shouldn't that be j:\dropbox to make sure it is a top level directory?

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 01:56:46 am »
Hi Dave,  I tried that and it locked up the system. Re-Booting, it had deleted the ndpdbox-0.4.0.b5 directory in H:\usr\share\doc!  -- STRANGE!

klipp

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 04:04:05 pm »
When you create a resource for dropbox, it is of type dbox, not local. If you do not have dbox, then you need to install the plugin.

You will supply the secrets file you created with the Dropbox authorize and the registration name and code you got from BitWise.

Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 06:52:17 pm »
Thanks Niel,  Maybe I can make it work now, with you're latest info. I have the registration name & code from Bitwise but couldn't figure out why or how I was to use it. One last question,  dbox is not one of the types offered as a selection,  only FTP & Local. If I don't select Local, the only other choice is FTP! I'm missing something pretty basic here. Thanks again for the help.

klipp

haraldkamm

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 08:36:20 am »
You need netdrive running in the background: "yum install ndpdbox-0.5.1.b8-0.oc00.i686.rpm" (or "yum install ndpdbox-0.4.0.b5-0.oc00.i386.rpm" if you prefer the older release) should install all the required files and execute the correct settings, especially copy the required ndpdbox.* to the ndplugs directory and adjust the netdrive configuration. You should see dbox now if you create a new mount point with the netdrive control panel.

Harald

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 09:15:01 pm »
Hi Harald, Thanks for joining in. Something is REALLY screwed up, and I'm begining to believe its ME!
Using yum, neither- yum install ndpdbox-0.5.1.b8-0.oc00.i686.rpm" (or "yum install ndpdbox-0.4.0.b5-0.oc00.i386.rpm" if you prefer the older release) gives the No Package Available, nothing to do response.
 I do have ndpdbox-0.4.0.b5 installed and copied ndpdbox* files to ndplugins. (I dont  know what is ment by "adjust netdrive configuration". but here is the problem, I create a new mount point in Drive J: with the netdrive control panel, but do not see a dbox option or directory. I never have had the opurtunity to enter the registration key I got from BWW. Thanks for you're reply and any further information you might have to offer is most welcome.

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 12:21:23 am »
Sorry, I need advice / assist with this as well.

I installed Netdrive 3.15 (got a license for it)
Downloaded the latest Dropboxfile and installed it with yum install ...686.rpm

So far everything worked fine.

I got a key for dropbox as well from bww but wondering, where I have to place it/input it. Was never asked for it.

When I mount a volume in netdrive panel then I am presented with the choice to ad a "dbox" - that seems to be OK for me as well.

Please see picture attached.

Next I started the "Dropbox Authorize" Program from the Dropbox folder. The Programm window opens. But I am stuck now:

I do not know what to do next. I then manually opened Firefox and logged into my dropbox account but have absolutly no idea how to get the token access value. I already do not know how to "allow NdpDbox plugin to access my files"?! How has this to be done, I can not find such an option in my Dropbx account. When I press "Start" Firefox starts with it's own startpage.

Help is really appreciated,

Thanks, as well for making this software possible!

Sigurd
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:16:07 am by Sigurd Fastenrath »

haraldkamm

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 08:44:54 am »
You need to click on the "Start" button of the "Netdrive plugin authorization" which will open a webbrowser window asking for authorization of the api request. After having allowed this the api key needs to be copied to the "Authorization code" field of the "Netdrive plugin authorization". You simply need to follow the instructions of your screenshot!

After having done all this you may create a new DBOX mount point which will require your registration key as well as the path to the previously saved secret access file.

Hope this helps, Harald

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 11:12:53 am »
You need to click on the "Start" button of the "Netdrive plugin authorization" which will open a webbrowser window asking for authorization of the api request. After having allowed this the api key needs to be copied to the "Authorization code" field of the "Netdrive plugin authorization". You simply need to follow the instructions of your screenshot!

After having done all this you may create a new DBOX mount point which will require your registration key as well as the path to the previously saved secret access file.

Hope this helps, Harald

Hi, Thanks,
the problem I have is once I click START from that window the browser only starts and displays the Firefox start page. There is no question about something, it just starts the Browser and that's it.....

haraldkamm

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 02:15:45 pm »
I used Seamonkey 2.35 which works just fine.

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 06:00:19 pm »
A bit progress here...

I tried to use Netscape Communicator as Standard Web Browser and then "Start" the "Dropboxauth" leads to a link - but the Communicator refused to open it. So I copied the Link into Firefox 38.8 and then the "right" page showed up.

I copied the given Code into the "DropboxAuth" Program and then pressed SAVE - I got the message:

No access token in http reply

I then tried to install the ICETEA JAVA Plugin into Firefox 38.8 as I thought it might be the reason for not showing up the Link as like in Communicator. And after enabling that it suddenly works with "only" Firefox 38.8. as well, but as well only up tot the stage where I get the

No access token in http reply

But I am not sure if it is because of JAVA or not.

See picture below.

In my Dropbox configuration I can see that npdbox tried to access my account, but since I get this error response with the access token I am stuck again.

Any ideas how to overcome this?

Thanks!

haraldkamm

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 08:37:12 pm »
Hi Sigurd,

I have just tried to use Firefox 38.8. but it doesn't work (maybe some earlier version works, but I don't remember which one I used when b5 was published). With b7 there wasn't any problem using Seamonkey 2.35 (no java at all). Maybe you should use it at least temporarily as default browser.

Best regards, Harald