Author Topic: FF 38.x - problems invoking from within PMMail  (Read 16980 times)

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: FF 38.x - problems invoking from within PMMail
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 07:17:58 am »
Back to reality, of marketingchanges: what they should have done is to release a PMMail/2 v3, with hardly more than one change: an (irrelevant) new owner. A fully free upgrade for people whom have just bought a v2 license. Not free for new users. DFSee uses such a strategy, FWIW. After a while they should have introduced PMMail/2 v4, as an upgrade which is as expensive as some VOICE funding constructing. Finally PMMail/2 v5 could have officially merged both systems. Now there were too... many... irrelevant... changes..., and you are still associating former paying customers with being unreasonable (and with wanting v2 upgrades).

You are just plain WRONG. VOICE was obligated, by contract, to produce a new program, and VOICE has made a LOT of money from PMMail.  ALL of it has gone to support various OS/2 projects, which benefits EVERYBODY. When YOU do more for OS/2 than VOICE does, you can complain. Before that happens, just close your yap, and accept that you are wrong. After all, VOICE owns the rights, and they can do what they like with it.

And your statements w.r.t. former paying customers aren't making it more attractive.

I was a "former paying customer". I wasn't overly pleased that BSW shut down PMMail, but it was theirs to do with as they pleased (and I expect that they weren't to happy about it either). I was happy to PAY my way for VOICE to do the development, AND, I volunteer a LOT of time to help with the project. All of the development team are members of VOICE, and if they didn't qualify for the free program (being a member BEFORE VOICE bought it), they PAID their own way. It is a one time donation to VOICE, and by extension, to those projects that benefit OS/2. If you don't want to spend a few bucks for the new PMMail, that is fine, but don't knock those who do, and don't expect any free handouts. There are other options.

Now, what have YOU done for OS/2, other than complain about others trying to do something useful?