WebSite Information > Article Discussions

What program for font preview

(1/6) > >>

Einar Lygre:
I have hundreds of fonts in some folders. I have downloaded them from internet and the intention was to use some of them in Scribus. But of course I have lost track of them. I need to delete many of them, but which ones?
Is there a program that can, in a simple way, display them, preferable many at the same time.

Cheers

Einar Lygre

ivan:
You could use Fontviewer which is a java program.  It works with openjdk6 but you will need to know where your fonts are.

Dave Yeo:
I used http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/font/fntf30a.zip a long time back. Worked well except it is abandoned shareware so stops working after a month or so. Nice thing is it is native and can install and uninstall the fonts.

ivan:
I remember that one Dave but the problem was I could never find a way of actually displaying what the font looked like.  At least you can do that easily with Fontviewer.

Dave Yeo:
Right click on a font and at the bottom of the menu, choose font browser. Though the graphics aren't the best.
Fonts look much better if opened through the fonts folder under system setup (installed by Xworkplace?). Probably the old fontfolder used the original truetype engine rather then freetype.
Have to look at Fontviewer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version