Author Topic: RPM  (Read 9939 times)

xynixme

RPM
« on: January 26, 2017, 05:29:48 pm »
Quote from: os2world.com
kLIBC / GCC Runtime Library 0.6.6
Sunday, 22 January 2017

kLIBC / GCC Runtime Library has been updated.

It is available on netlabs RPM or at the Netlabs website.

Where can a non-RPM WPI or ZIP version (for non-eCS 2.x systems) be found? For example, at ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/ there's no file date which contains the year 2017.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:32:49 pm by André Heldoorn »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: RPM
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 06:55:36 pm »
Hi André.

Maybe it was my mistake, since I grabbed the news from eCSoft/2 and I guess I didn't give details.

Here it is the source: http://www.ecsoft2.org/klibc-gcc-runtime-library

It refers to a libcx update on 18/01/2017 - ibcx-0.4.1-1.oc00
http://rpm.netlabs.org/bootstrap/netlabs-rel.repo

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:13:29 pm »
Hi André.

You should be able to find them in http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/zip/

We must be thankful that they give us the zips rather than having to mess around with RPM.

xynixme

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:39:19 pm »
Hi André.

You should be able to find them in http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/zip/

We must be thankful that they give us the zips rather than having to mess around with RPM.

Bless 'em; libcx is updated indeed, http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/zip/libcx-0_4_1-1_oc00.zip. The original website isn't that clear (blame me), so I assumed that GCC4*.DLLs and/or LIBC*.DLLs were updated or released.

Regarding eCS 2.x packaging, a repacked 7-zip for eCS 1.x and OS/2 Warp would be nice too. I don't mind to install 7-zip, as if I would have upgraded to eCS 2.x. With exactly the same directories, as a bootdrive OS component, so I don't end up with several copies of 7-zip and its DLL(s) later. Like zip232unzip552ecs12.zip, basicly. Right now I always install and uninstall 7-zip.

Ian Manners

• Global Moderator
  • I am the computer, it is me.
    • View Profile
    • ComKal Networks Australia
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 08:04:00 pm »
Hi Ivan,

unrpm works fine for me so I'm not fussed.

Do a websearch for 'OS/2 unrpm' will return a few good links.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:06:43 pm by Ian Manners »
Cheers
Ian B Manners

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 08:25:19 pm »
All the RPM stuff, whether installed through zips or RPM/YUM/Arcanoae_package_manager work fine on OS/2 Warp V4.5 (Ver4+FP15+all other free fixes such as the 32 bit stack) and perhaps even an up to date Warp v3(untested).
Other eCS stuff works fine too if you don't mind creating an eCS directory. Newer stuff to be compatible with ArcaOS is moving away from the need to have an ecs directory. The newer drivers from Arca Noae are supported on Warp v4.

Besides unrpm, the newest version(s) of Alex Taylor's Archive Viewer also work with rpm's and is freely available on his site.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 08:26:01 pm »
Hi All

Alex Taylors Archive Viewer - http://www.altsan.org/programming/os2/#arcview - is a good way to investigate and extract files from rpm packages. I seem to recall it was necessary to add rpm to its list of associations.

Regards

Pete

xynixme

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 04:07:55 am »
a repacked 7-zip for eCS 1.x and OS/2 Warp would be nice too. I don't mind to install 7-zip, as if I would have upgraded to eCS 2.x. With exactly the same directories, as a bootdrive OS component, so I don't end up with several copies of 7-zip and its DLL(s) later. Like zip232unzip552ecs12.zip, basicly.

Oops, let's promote this statement to a question: how can I install 7-zip (p7zip-9.20.1-os2.zip), using eCs 1.2, to precisely copy the way it's installed with eCs 2.something?

ZIP sample, all related files:

Code: [Select]
ecs/bin/zip.exe
ecs/bin/zipcloak.exe
ecs/bin/zipnote.exe
ecs/bin/zipsplit.exe
ecs/DOC/ZIP/MANUAL
ecs/DOC/ZIP/README
ecs/DOC/ZIP/WHATSNEW
ecs/DOC/ZIP/WHERE

I do have instruction to install Taylor's package, which originally assumes the use of eCS 2.something too. It's an OS component, which should work with eCS 1.2 too, without ending up with mixed versions after an upgrade to some new versoin of the OS.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 05:05:32 am »
Put the binaries somewhere on your PATH? Looking at the 7z.exe that was was installed by eCS2.2.b2 (and 2.1) here, their only dependency is libc063 which is now a forwarder to libc066.
I'd assume on eCS 1.2 \ecs\bin is on the PATH so just stick them there. The documentation can go anywhere including \ecs\DOC\P7ZIP\DOCS where it is installed here.
Interestingly, 7z.dll (along with 7zCon.sfx) is also installed in \ecs\bin and 7z.exe doesn't seem to depend on it.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 02:32:29 pm »

I do have instruction to install Taylor's package, which originally assumes the use of eCS 2.something too. It's an OS component, which should work with eCS 1.2 too, without ending up with mixed versions after an upgrade to some new versoin of the OS.

According to the installation instructions for Alex's Archive Viewer version 2.2, eCS 1.2 is a sufficient prerequisite ...