Author Topic: Samba 4.4.x Netdrive plugin for OS/2  (Read 50798 times)

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
Re: Samba 4.4.x Netdrive plugin for OS/2
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2017, 01:30:39 pm »
Hi Paul,

...Pretty sure that restarting ndctl.exe will fix this. repmod allows you to copy over the new dll, it doesn't load it into memory....

Weird...because I can absolutely assure you I not only STOPed and STARTed the ndctl control program, but I also actually shut down the whole ND GUI as I prepped the log output, etc.

Anyways, much better news to report this time around!!!  :D

Everything appears to work successfully. The file is copied despite the fact that the target FS does not actually support EAs, so the exception handling is graceful.

There is one thing that has me scratching my head, once the file copy is done I am unable to actually DELETE the file from the TARGET location...almost like something is set for that file that prevents me from doing so through WPS...however no problem doing this through CLI. However given that I am using XWP I really can not tell what is contributing to the symptom. The file is not set to ReadOnly mode, etc, etc...

Should I update the ticket with the "Success" results? I have the log for that as well in case it would act as a good reference point?

Thanks!

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Re: Samba 4.4.x Netdrive plugin for OS/2
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2017, 10:07:11 pm »
Hi Dariusz!

...Pretty sure that restarting ndctl.exe will fix this. repmod allows you to copy over the new dll, it doesn't load it into memory....

Weird...because I can absolutely assure you I not only STOPed and STARTed the ndctl control program, but I also actually shut down the whole ND GUI as I prepped the log output, etc.

Anyways, much better news to report this time around!!!  :D

Everything appears to work successfully. The file is copied despite the fact that the target FS does not actually support EAs, so the exception handling is graceful.

There is one thing that has me scratching my head, once the file copy is done I am unable to actually DELETE the file from the TARGET location...almost like something is set for that file that prevents me from doing so through WPS...however no problem doing this through CLI. However given that I am using XWP I really can not tell what is contributing to the symptom. The file is not set to ReadOnly mode, etc, etc...

Should I update the ticket with the "Success" results? I have the log for that as well in case it would act as a good reference point?
I can close the ticket. No need to attach the fixed log as I can reproduce locally.  I'll test the WPS delete when I get an opportunity - logs of that delete attempt may be useful.  We've found a few bugs that show up in WPS that don't occur via CLI, it wouldn't surprise me if this is another log, logs will help understand what's happening.

Cheers,

Paul