Author Topic: Share your ArcaOS screenshots  (Read 28494 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Share your ArcaOS screenshots
« on: May 17, 2017, 04:05:36 pm »
Hi

Please share your ArcaOS screenshots. Just whatever you consider interesting or maybe just how you like to customize your desktop, or even running all your favorite apps.

The idea is to create a little gallery on the OS2World wiki.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
Re: Share your ArcaOS screenshots
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:26:36 pm »
Ok, everyone was so quick to mention the delay of Blue Lion & continually commented that it won't even be released!

So, where are your screenshots and comments now (typical) ?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:29:02 pm by Greggory Shaw »

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 10:30:51 pm »
Before posting screenshots, it should well work... Up to now, I didn't find how to enable SMP mode to have at least 2 CPUs !!!
( This was very easy to enable under eCS )

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 11:51:28 pm »
Before posting screenshots, it should well work... Up to now, I didn't find how to enable SMP mode to have at least 2 CPUs !!!

Ok, well ???

Post the solution & screenshot, smh !

Kevin Nunn

• View Profile
    • Razor's Domain BBS
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 12:06:37 am »
My current ArcaOS5 desktop - Thinkpad setup to run my Telegard/2 BBS

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 12:15:16 am »
A bit quick on the trigger there Greggory.  It appears that AN has only just finished sorting out the server problems, people then have to order and download before they can install.

If they are like me I expect that a lot of people are waiting for more detailed information about what it is expected to install on.  We all know it will install on older hardware, it is the new virgin hardware that interests me - specifically, ASRock AM1H-ITX motherboard, 4 core AMD APU with built in Radeon R3 GPU, 4GB DDR3 ram, 500GB SATA HD, 1TB SATA HD, SATA DVD RW drive, Kingston USB trackball, Corsair K55 USB keyboard and a Hanns-G 1920 x 1200 28" monitor (this is what I am building for my retirement in 2 months time and would like to know if I can install ArcaOS on this or if I have to let my service people install one of our WSeB on it, ArcaOS would make it mine rather than the companies).   

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 12:20:08 am »
Thanks guys !!!

We have two for the moment.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 03:06:18 am »
A bit quick on the trigger there Greggory.  It appears that AN has only just finished sorting out the server problems, people then have to order and download before they can install.

If they are like me I expect that a lot of people are waiting for more detailed information about what it is expected to install on.  We all know it will install on older hardware, it is the new virgin hardware that interests me - specifically, ASRock AM1H-ITX motherboard, 4 core AMD APU with built in Radeon R3 GPU, 4GB DDR3 ram, 500GB SATA HD, 1TB SATA HD, SATA DVD RW drive, Kingston USB trackball, Corsair K55 USB keyboard and a Hanns-G 1920 x 1200 28" monitor (this is what I am building for my retirement in 2 months time and would like to know if I can install ArcaOS on this or if I have to let my service people install one of our WSeB on it, ArcaOS would make it mine rather than the companies).

I don't see why it wouldn't install on that system, using Panorama for graphics and assuming that it has USB2 and a way to enable BIOS compatibility.
Of course until actually tested...

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 09:29:44 am »

Ok, well ???

I guess you did not to try to install the System so far?

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 10:51:25 am »

Ok, well ???

>:(   Of course I installed it but as I wrote, SMP is not working making it unusable for me.
As soon SMP could be enabled, I'll post screenshots...

I guest that those having posted screenshots are unable to run SMP mode ! right ?

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 10:58:16 am »
Thanks Dave, that was my assumption when I started to put the system together.

One question though, why Panorama?  Snap drives that monitor here at work without problems - Radeon X550 video card.

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 11:50:51 am »

Ok, well ???

>:(   Of course I installed it but as I wrote, SMP is not working making it unusable for me.

I guest that those having posted screenshots are unable to run SMP mode ! right ?

Oh, sorry, Remi! Misunderstanding - my answer was directed to Gregorrys writing not to yours!

And: yes, SMP runs here. I did not have to Change something or select something for this, the preboot menue started with 1 processor but after Installation all 4 are enabled. See Picture attached, please.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:05:43 pm by Sigurd Fastenrath »

Rich442

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 04:48:28 pm »
It looks gorgeous.  :)
Any shots of the new "default themes/icons?" Is it possible to use Warp 3.0 icons? I like a 2D desktop theme (like a tiled bitmap) theme because it helps me stay on task. How does the system folder look when using the volume manager?

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 04:50:51 pm »
Thanks Dave, that was my assumption when I started to put the system together.

One question though, why Panorama?  Snap drives that monitor here at work without problems - Radeon X550 video card.

Snap has problems enabling wide screen mode with unsupported chipsets such as
built in Radeon R3 GPU
. Of course if you plug in a X550, then Snap is the way to go.
Don't forget that more memory can be used as a ramdisk and with the price of memory it might not hurt to put in 8GBs.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 05:25:10 pm »

Ok, well ???

Oh, sorry, Remi! Misunderstanding - my answer was directed to Gregorrys writing not to yours!

And: yes, SMP runs here. I did not have to Change something or select something for this, the preboot menue started with 1 processor but after Installation all 4 are enabled. See Picture attached, please.

Ok, it works for you but I don't know why it will not for me ( disk use to try this installation deleted )

since last night until now, because it didn't work under the system where eCS 2.2b is? I give it a try under my newer PC based on a MSI Krait SLI main board with I7 9775c ( Bios set to use Legacy and UEFI mode instead of UEFI only - Disk set as legacy as well Cds, USB etc... ). I added a new 40Go disk ( left the PCIe M.2 256Go with win7 plugged on the mainboard and remove my 6To GPT disk to no have trouble. 

- tried to install ArcaOS : it needs 3/4 of an hour to pass the license copy message and go into installation menu.
Then, Under select disk, I have a message about getting disk information... please wait... and it hung on this message ( waited more than 2 hours without luck to go forward ), tried 3 times and always the same issue :-( 

The last try ending with power off made the bios go into reset state !  :-\
I don't know how to go forward with this installation...