Author Topic: Share your ArcaOS screenshots  (Read 28492 times)

Kevin Nunn

• View Profile
    • Razor's Domain BBS
Re: Share your ArcaOS screenshots
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2017, 02:06:07 am »

Sorry about that, Kevin. I guess we should add some stuff to our wiki on how to do cool stuff on the ArcaOS desktop!

Thanks for the detailed reply Lewis, I look forward to playing with these new options. And also I am looking forward to the youtube video.

Thanks for the great support!

Kev

Remy

• View Profile
Re: Share your ArcaOS screenshots
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2017, 10:59:54 pm »
Now, with the time limited test build including a new AHCI driver, I could install ArcaOS on my system
Note: To be able to install ArcaOS, I had to remove my M.2 PCIe disk with windows 7 on it or the ionstallation will hung during disk analysis about windows7 disk not having LVM information and request to modify disk information !
To prevent this, just remve windows 7 disk and proceed...

Note; in case of problems, it would be safe to have testdisk tool under the hand  ;)

Here's the configuration :
- M.2 AHCI are recognized ( but not NVME, AHCI only like HyperX predator, I've got a samsung AHCI  )
- MainBoard :  https://fr.msi.com/Motherboard/Z97S-SLI-Krait-Edition.html#hero-overview
- CPU intel I7 5775C with integrated video chipset ( IGD )
- Aditionnal PCIe SATAIII card ( working too )
- Additional USB3.1 ( type A + Type C )
- 16Go onboard memory - 3Go used by ArcaOS and 13Go defined as virtual disk on which I put the swapper.dat file and temp files ( swapper is on virtual disk root while the temp file are under temp, directory created under startup.cmd assuming the virtual disk as an assigned fixed drive letter ) 

CPU, power saving mode ok
Video (panorama) ok (correct screen size)
Audio ALC892, ok after adding switch /A:1 to bypass first audio adapter
USB ok  ( max USB2 speed )
Disk ok
Internet ok ( enabled UEFI for the internet connection under the BIOS, internet is faster like under windows )

Pb: WPS CD audio player no working ! but PM123 will read the CD audio. cdda2wav works too...

Some functions not tested yet but the most important ones are all ok.

regards
Remy

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:13:04 pm by Remy »