Author Topic: ArcaOS - program compatibility list  (Read 4346 times)

Jean-Yves

• View Profile
    • shimeril.com
ArcaOS - program compatibility list
« on: May 18, 2017, 01:50:08 pm »
Hi Martin, I thought it might be useful to list any apps that we know work / don't work with ArcaOS 5.0? Please move / merge this with another thread if you have already got a similar discussion going recently.

So to start, these work (superficial testing):

• VisPro/Rexx Gold 3.1.1  (db elements not tested)
  • VX-REXX 2.1d (db elements not tested)
  • Visual Prolog 5.1 Community Edition (I only installed the OS/2 elements)

I have a few more apps to install today, will update this list as and when I have done so. Please feel free to add your own findings.

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
Re: ArcaOS - program compatibility list
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 02:25:21 pm »
Hi Martin, I thought it might be useful to list any apps that we know work / don't work with ArcaOS 5.0? Please move / merge this with another thread if you have already got a similar discussion going recently.

So to start, these work (superficial testing):

• VisPro/Rexx Gold 3.1.1  (db elements not tested)
  • VX-REXX 2.1d (db elements not tested)
  • Visual Prolog 5.1 Community Edition (I only installed the OS/2 elements)
Lewis from Arca Noae mentioned ArcaOS contains an OS/2 licensed product so I would not see why programs that would run on OS/2 or eCS would not work on ArcaOS. I just downloaded it and installed without a problem.
At the core its OS/2 with the latest fixes from IBM. Just like MCP and the eCS versions.

I guess its save to say all applications will work. If they do not work, report to Arca Noae.

Regards,

Roderick Klein
President OS/2 VOICE.

I have a few more apps to install today, will update this list as and when I have done so. Please feel free to add your own findings.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:58:14 pm by Martin Iturbide »

Jean-Yves

• View Profile
    • shimeril.com
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 02:55:20 pm »
Hi Roderick,

Thanks for your comment - I was not sure whether system DLLs etc had been updated which might cause issues with some software.

If it's a case that if it runs on eCS it will run on ArcaOS, then I agree that this thread is superfluous  :)

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 05:35:14 pm »
In theory this can happen with LIBC DLL for example for GCC apps. But if that would happen it would happen as well on eCS when you update the DLLÅ› :-)