OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

FF45.5 - choppy response/window scrolling anyone???

(1/4) > >>

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Installed the 45.5 release of FF having installed the various pre-reqs...it came up OK, but very quickly found out that pretty much all feedback to any input (window scrolling, text typing - such as in this window) is very choppy!

This means, there is a pronounced delay in the browser response.

To better describe this is to say that if one were to turn off the "Smooth Scrolling" feature the results would be what I'm seeing.

I will try disabling the SET NSPR_OS2_NO_HIRES_TIMER=1 mode next, just to rule it out...

Is anyone seeing something similar to this?

BTW: this is on a 5 core SMP box...plenty of CPU power, but strangely the CPU monito shows very little activity.

Dave Yeo:
I find the same thing with SeaMonkey. It was really bad before I fixed the packaging and made the package.

Neil Waldhauer:
Overall the browser seems more responsive. It's pretty fast here. But I see that typing this reply is slow.

To me, window scrolling is improved for the first repaint, but slower for subsequent repaints.

Mo:
Did anyone had success with changing setting?

I have the same issue - its delaying and jumping when scrolling - not smooth (as it was with FF 38.8).

"I will try disabling the SET NSPR_OS2_NO_HIRES_TIMER=1" did not make any difference.

I am using an X200T

Dave Yeo:
I've tried the usual suspects such as disabling smooth scrolling, doesn't help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version