Author Topic: Battery charge  (Read 17309 times)

xynixme

Re: Battery charge
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 12:13:49 pm »
w10 starts and work, and if I do the rest of 10 minutes, it can be on without problems more than 24 hours in a row.

W10 may have more aggressive fan settings than the default settings, but that's too off-topic and may be a wrong conclusion.

Aggressive means starting the fan at lower temperatures, and optionally with more RPM compared to the default setting. With e.g. XP and a BIOS-based IBM ThinkPad you'd use a more aggressive setting if the hardware gets too hot, while considering ordering a new fan. The official goal of software like controlyourfans, which requires specific hardware, is a less aggressive setting.

The problem may not be related to temperatures at all, but monitoring or logging temperatures isn't that hard. So it's quite easy to exclude temperatures/fans or to determine that heat is the most likely cause. W10 doesn't exclude temperatures, if (I don't know) it uses different temperature/fan settings.

Do be aware of problems which have nothing to do with temperatures, occurring after a while when the hardware isn't cold anymore. Your fan and fan settings may be fine.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 05:14:57 pm »
Well it seems that the xcenter has become my ally, it turns out that thanks to him I can predict when it was going to turn off the laptop.
Specifically, the program pulse
When it shows me a red line, I have a 3 minutes to turn off the system, or it turns itself off, no hang, not trap, no error.
Another thing that happens is that when I press Restart desktop ..., of the 8 processors, it shows me
 12% 2% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% and begin the red line...tictac...3minutes off.

In the readme of the program pulse, about the red line:
By contrast, the "IRQ" load represents the time that was needed to process interrupts. As you might know, interrupts are a way for hardware
components to signal to the CPU that some important event occurred which needs to be serviced immediately.
Most commonly, interrupts are raised by hard disks, sound cards, network adapters, and serial and printer communications.
These devices cannot afford to wait until the ArcaOS scheduler has finished a process timeslice and is ready to switch to another task.
Instead, when an IRQ comes in, the ArcaOS kernel interrupts the regular scheduling sequence and calls an interrupt handler instead,
which, in most cases, will be code in some device driver. (In general, only ArcaOS device drivers can install interrupt handlers.)
For example, if an interrupt from the hard disk comes in, code in IBM1S506.ADD will be called immediately to service the interrupt.   

If you never see any IRQ load on your system, this is normal. This is probably the case if you do not have any network adapters
installed and you have busmastering enabled for your hard disks. However, if you have a high IRQ load, you might consider taking
measurements to reduce it -- enable busmastering for your hard disks and/or get a network adapter which is capable of busmastering.   
====end help file ============
Today I installed the samba server, to prove it. And the system starts, it does not show me the xcenter,
I call it and I see the red line in pulse, a little later it goes out. Do not configure anything on samba server.
Comment that I had the samba client running.
I've tried it several times, it all goes off. Restore the previous system.

Could someone tell me, how can I make my disks do busmastering, and my network card?
Nor do I understand that it is busmastering, because of a translation problem.
saludos

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 05:51:58 pm »
Have you tried running with less cores activated? Someone (Dariusz?) can only use 7 of 8 cores.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 10:17:20 pm »
Have you tried running with less cores activated? Someone (Dariusz?) can only use 7 of 8 cores.
Thanks Dave,
It seems that you have found the solution. I put maximum number of processors 7, and it seems that the problem is solved. I have not tried it yet but the first tests have been very good.
I send a photo because even though it is 7, it seems that one repeats the number zero twice.
saludos