Author Topic: Lenovo ThinkCentre M93 Tiny  (Read 7928 times)

karotlopj

Lenovo ThinkCentre M93 Tiny
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:49:07 pm »
How can I tell if there would be any chance of OS/2 /AN working on a Lenovo ThinkCentre M93 Tiny?

http://uk.pcmag.com/lenovo-thinkcentre-m93p-tiny/539/review/lenovo-thinkcentre-m93p-tiny

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Lenovo ThinkCentre M93 Tiny
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 12:11:57 am »
Hi John.

It is a little hard to tell, in my experience the practical way is to get the machine and do some testing and recognize the components/chipsets that it has.

This is my personal option and it may change according to the machine configuration.

According to the article it has "Intel Core i5-4570T". So OS/2, ArcaOS or eComStation should boot with the ACPI driver, if the BIOS has an UEFI legacy mode on it.
- Intel HD Graphics 4600, should work with Panorama or SNAP
- Intel Centrino-N 105 Wi-Fi card (Mini PCIe)- I don't think it will work yet.

I'm not sure if it comes with wired ethernet and what sound chipset does it has.

If you have the exact model you get some more hardware info details on the Lenovo PSREF Book:
http://psref.lenovo.com/Search?k=M93p%20Tiny&c=false&s=false

Regards

Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

karotlopj

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 10:28:33 am »
Hi John.

It is a little hard to tell, in my experience the practical way is to get the machine and do some testing and recognize the components/chipsets that it has.

This is my personal option and it may change according to the machine configuration.

According to the article it has "Intel Core i5-4570T". So OS/2, ArcaOS or eComStation should boot with the ACPI driver, if the BIOS has an UEFI legacy mode on it.
- Intel HD Graphics 4600, should work with Panorama or SNAP

- Intel Centrino-N 105 Wi-Fi card (Mini PCIe)- I don't think it will work yet.

I'm not sure if it comes with wired ethernet and what sound chipset does it has.

If you have the exact model you get some more hardware info details on the Lenovo PSREF Book:
http://psref.lenovo.com/Search?k=M93p%20Tiny&c=false&s=false

Regards

Some choice!

Thanks Martin, but mine is a 10A4S00L000. I didn't spot that number amongst the 106 on the Lenovo page. It's a really neat bit of kit, and it would be nice to have OS/2 running on it. When I tried, it crashed almost immediately. Maybe just a different APIC would get it running...

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 04:11:33 pm »
Hi John

Did you set the UEFI BIOS to "Compatibility" mode?

Regards

Pete

karotlopj

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 11:22:08 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, Pete, but compatibilty was set on and Legacy had priority over UEFI.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 03:09:12 am »
Hi John

Is this an OS/2 or ArcaOS install?

Is disk access mode EIDE or AHCI?

At what point does the crash happen?

Regards

Pete

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 06:08:14 am »
I have ArcaOS 5.0.1 (private beta) running on Lenovo M93p tiny.

It is hard to boot the installation disk. I succeeded by mounting the USB DVD drive on the yellow front port.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

karotlopj

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 06:25:31 am »

It is hard to boot the installation disk. I succeeded by mounting the USB DVD drive on the yellow front port.

Many thanks. I take it that the release version won't build. If not how would I get a copy of this version?

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 07:24:40 am »
Many thanks. I take it that the release version won't build. If not how would I get a copy of this version?

Version 5.0.1 should be released once a couple of issues are fixed. Perhaps a week.

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 12:51:55 am »

I haven't tried yet. eCS 2.2 b2 runs on it, too, if updated with AN Drivers and Software.

I only used 5.0.1 because I needed to test it a little bit.

By the way, Display Port worked with Panorama on the M93p Tiny, but offers a limited set of resolutions. 1920 x 1200 x 24 bit did work.

karotlopj

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 03:06:08 pm »

I haven't tried yet. eCS 2.2 b2 runs on it, too, if updated with AN Drivers and Software.

Any idea which drivers and software? I may already have the required AN drivers.

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 03:37:03 pm »

Any idea which drivers and software? I may already have the required AN drivers.

I'd guess USB and ACPI. AHCI also needed because the one in eCS isn't good. Once ArcaOS is on, I can just restore images from backups.

I also have a M92p tiny, and that is much better -- USB can be set to 2.0 in BIOS. This will all be moot if we get USB 3.0 drivers.