Author Topic: Help requested for Class List error on boot.  (Read 8394 times)

Ashdown

Help requested for Class List error on boot.
« on: September 21, 2017, 11:18:18 pm »
I am running ArcaOS5.  I have recently installed updates including ACPI v3.23.07, , AHCI v2.03 and os2krnl v14.201

Since doing so, when I now boot the computer once the graphical interface has loaded I see a window with a CLASS LIST error saying "The classes in this tree could not be loaded. You should remove them from the WPS class list." 

In the left hand colum on this window are listed two classes: 
1) Orphaned classes with two entries : Ezplay and WPTouch and
2) WPObject with numerous subclasses.

I don't know why this is happening and neither do I know what to do.  I can close the window with the shown error message and all appears to be well and everything I do on a daily basis appears to be working normally.
If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening and more importantly, what I should do about it I would be most appreciative.
I am happy to provide further information if requested.

Dave.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:28:02 pm by David »

Pete

• View Profile
Re: Help requested for Class List error on boot.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 12:18:45 am »
Hi David

it looks like the WPS Class List app which is part of the xWorkplace installation is displaying at startup. If this app is not in the startup folder then your os2.ini file is a bit "munged". To fix this use inifix from http://home.clara.net/orac/files/os2/inifix10.zip - read the inifix.doc file first.

Yes, you can safely delete the Ezplay and WPTouch classes but will probably need WPSClassManager to do that http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/wps/WPSClassMgr_0-1.zip

Regards

Pete

Ashdown

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 03:54:10 am »
Hi Pete,

Thank you for your assistance.

I used WPSClassManager to remove Ezplay and WPTouch.  All appeared to go smoothly.  Well, sort of, the process went off without any sort of error.  I rebooted and all seemed well. I then tried to start PEER and the system crashed with Trap000e with an "Exception in module MMRE".  At this point I have to do a hard reset of the computer to reboot ArcaOS. 
The system crach with a trap 000e error is repeatable.  It happens every time I try to start PEER (Lan Logon) or "Sharing and Connecting".
Do you have any ideas as to how I might resolve this new issue?

Dave

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 04:09:16 am »
Hi David

I have not had any problems with peer and the mmre driver.

I have just updated the mmre driver with the latest multimac release Multimac-20170901.exe which seems to be working fine.

I guess we should start with the contents of the log \IBMCOM\LANTRAN.LOG and see if that gives any clues.

Did you select Easy Install when installing ArcaOS? - Just wondering if samba got installed instead of peer.

Regards

Pete

Ashdown

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 04:55:07 am »
Hi Pete,

You're brilliant!  Thank you very much for having taken the time to reply (twice) and in both instances you were able to help me.  It is very kind of you to have offered your knowledge to help me.
I downloaded Multimac-20170901.exe, ran it and let it overwrite all files and after having rebooted am able to start PEER without any error.  Thank you very much!
I am not clear as to why the problem happened in the first place, but at least the outcome is positive.
FYI, I did not do an easy install of ArcaOS.  I installed PEER manually after installing ArcaOS because I found out that installing PEER was the only way I could connect to a second computer which runs ECS2.0 which I use as a destination for backups of data from the ArcaOS computer.

Dave.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 01:30:58 pm »
Hi Dave

Glad to have helped  :-)

Regards

Pete