Author Topic: Lenovo ThinkPad 25 specs and pictures leaked ahead of launch  (Read 22466 times)

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
Re: Lenovo ThinkPad 25 specs and pictures leaked ahead of launch
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 09:06:36 am »
I will not install ArcaOS but my own OS/2 Version, as it does really look and feel like OS/2 Warp 4 ::)
ArcaOS has a lot of critical improvements to the way OS/2 works, though. Such as the CPU throttling and management. You can always mod ArcaOS to look like Warp 4--and then retain all of the new enhancements.

I prefer it the other way round, preserve Warp 4 and add Driver Enhancements. I personal do not like and try to avoid the Linux Structure, the FOC, the ECO RU Runtimes, ..... but would like to Keep Voicetype, Bonuspak, Assistant, Tutorial, .... and the German language and everything else that has been included with the Original Warp 3 / Warp 4. This is only my Hobby and it made a lot of fun during the last couple of years.

The ThinkPad 25 will be my last ThinkPad I guess, as I do already for all day use have a Surface Pro 4. The ThinkPad 25 is a good endpoint, worth it, for my Collection (including 701c and so on). The same goes with the "30th Anniversary Edition" of my personal Warp 4, this seems to be a good endpoint as well, as ArcaOS is shifting away from what OS/2 has been. To make it clear: this is not to complain, ArcaOS is fine and running OK, but OS/2 dissapears. That's Life  ;)