Author Topic: Cannot log in in mobile version of the forum  (Read 8889 times)

Laurenz Sommer

• View Profile
Cannot log in in mobile version of the forum
« on: October 10, 2017, 12:50:26 am »
Whenever I browse the OS2World forum with my mobile phone I use the mobile version (http://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php?wap2) but since the forum outage in September I am no longer able to log in using it. I go to the login page http://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php?action=login;wap2 enter username and password but when I select 'Login' it says
An Error Has Occurred!
Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.
At first I thought it is a problem with my mobile, but now I tested it with different browsers on different computers (Firefox on OS/2, Windows and Linux; Vivaldi on Windows and Linux; Opera and Chrome on Windows) and it didn't work so it is obviously not the fault of the ancient browser I use on my mobile. I tried deleting cookies and cache but this didn't help.
Can anyone confirm that logging in with the mobile version does not work or am I the only one who is experiencing this? Any thoughts how to fix this?

Thanks in advance, Laurenz

guzzi

• View Profile
Re: Cannot log in in mobile version of the forum
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 02:09:37 am »
Same here- But... If I use http://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php?wap2 after closing a session without logging out, I am still logged in. I can't find a setting in my profile to stay logged in, so I assume it automatically keeps you logged in, perhaps based on IP address.
Looked a bit further and found out:
It is indeed ip address and sadly it only remembers one. The workaround is to login with the full version (scroll down to switch to it), checking the 'stay logged in' box. Then close the session and open the mobile version again.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:38:48 am by guzzi »

Laurenz Sommer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 01:49:38 pm »
Thanks for confirming this. But with my mobile I can't log in with the full version because the full version is to big for it's memory  :o  (a Siemens S55 made in 2003, so I am not surprised about this).
I think the login status is preserved based on cookies because on my laptop I am logged in at home and when using my universities internet access.
I understand that this problem does not apply to many users but as this mobile login page is there I think it should work.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 02:18:42 pm »
Hi Laurenz

I don't know what can be wrong. I checked the settings of SMFForum (this script) and I was not able to find much about the wap and wap2 configuration. I enabled on Sunday something related to the cookies on the forum ("Enable local storage of cookies") but it did seem to help much.

From a regular browser on a PC I can access the wap address and see the forum contents. But if I'm not previous logged on the forum I see the message that says "Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again." no matter what password I put there.

Since on the last server crash PHP was also updated maybe it is something related to this bug on SMF Forum. I will try that later and let you know.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Laurenz Sommer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 06:06:46 pm »
From a regular browser on a PC I can access the wap address and see the forum contents. But if I'm not previous logged on the forum I see the message that says "Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again." no matter what password I put there.
That's exactly what is happening to me.
Thanks for investigating this, I will wait patiently for your results.

Laurenz

guzzi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 10:07:50 pm »
Typically a bug that affects only one user) Kudos to Martin for investigating it-

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 09:56:05 pm »
Hi.

I just checked the PHP settings and it is not set like the bug says. So, I'm clueless again.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Laurenz Sommer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 12:06:06 am »
:(
Maybe it vanishes by itself just as it came.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Laurenz