OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

Firefox 45.9.0 & Youtube

(1/6) > >>

Holger Schuett:
Hi there,
has anyone installed the new Firefox 45.9 and been able to watch youtube videos? When I go to the youtube page it loads very slow (compared to Firerfox 38.8) and trying to start a video fails. The video(s) start to load but then I receive a message stating that I should restart my device if the video does not start.CPU usage shows app. 100% and nothing further happens.
The Browser does not crash! and I can stop the process.
Before sending a report I would like to make sure that this is not an issue with my installation.

Anyway thank you to those who continue to work on firefox!

Regards
Holger

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi Holger,

Hmm...come to think of it that is precisely what I'm seeing here as well. Certainly not the behaviour that we saw in the latest pre-release either...so something went wrong in the GA build.

If you are going to log a ticket I will hold off and contribute once it's there instead.

Thanks,
-Dariusz

Rene Hvidsoe:
Hi Holger

I am running the GA version and have no issues. Have you tried to make a new profile ? Also try to disable addons if you have some installed.

I had the same issue until I made a new profile. Also if you have flashblock as addon it gave me 100 % cpu usage when enabled.

I have just seen all the Warpstock 2017 in one go with cpu usage 30-50 % sometimes up to 90 % but drops down again.

Just rename the firefox profile to ex firefox_old , and then start Firefox again and I would imagine you get a more smooth performance.

Best Regards

Rene

Dave Yeo:
Try it with safe mode. Help--Restart With Add-ons Disabled and see if it helps.

Neil Waldhauer:
Firefox reports "If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device."

even in safe mode. I haven't yet tried a new profile.

But I tried another video, and it plays with sound in safe mode. It seems I can play any video that does not try to display an advertisement first.

Out of safe mode playback depends on the advertisements displayed on top of the video. Playback stops while the overlay renders, then it starts again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version