OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Utilities

Unzip 5.52 vs 6.00 date differences...why?

(1/3) > >>

Dariusz Piatkowski:
So I think it's pretty simple issue I'm looking at. My utility to deal with ZIP files is: RPF ZipControl, v2.6.4, a pretty nifty GUI, but relies on the zip/unzip EXEs themselves for the crunching work.

For a long time I was using unzip 5.52, but as I'm attempting to clean-up my machine in the continuing drive towards the RPM/YUM assimilation (LOL, yeah, I imagine meeting Borg would be just as fun) I discovered that installing the currently available unzip package gets me unzip 6.00, with a side-effect though!!!

So the result of unizp 5.52 gives me good, actual DATES in the ZIP archive, the 6.00 on the other hand gives me all 2020 dates, ugh???

I suspect something has chagned, is it in the unzip itself? Is there a CLI option I need to account for? Any ideas?

Andreas Schnellbacher:
Dariusz, you posted screenshots from an outdated an now unsupported unpack tool.

Wouldn't it be possible to post the output of the command line tools, be it unzip 6.00 or unzip 5.52 instead?

If you're looking for a recent and supported GUI tool, then use Zippy.

Pete:
Hi Dariusz

Thought I'd have a look at this problem.

I opened a command line window in M:\usr\bin and ran

unzip -l G:\nif\R119567.zip

This resulted in the following being displayed

Length     EAs   ACLs     Date    Time    Name
---------    ---   ----  ---------- -----   ----
     2085      0      0  10-02-2006 23:45   1707FP.inf
     7916      0      0  10-02-2006 23:45   1707fp.cat
     2964      0      0  10-02-2006 23:41   1707FP.icm
      987      0      0  10-03-2006 14:38   Readme.txt
---------  -----  -----                     -------
    13952      0      0                     4 files

I then set Zip Control to use the unzip v6.00 installed in M:\usr\bin\unzip.exe and opened the same zip file.
Result: all file dates have the year changed from 2006 to 2020.

As that does not happen when running the command line I suspect Zip Control may have problems with interpreting the date data returned by unzip v6.00

I guess Andreas is right and it is time to retire my favourite zip file GUI in favour of the Archive Tool included with ArcaOS - aka zippy.

Regards

Pete

xynixme:

--- Quote from: Dariusz Piatkowski on October 18, 2017, 11:43:33 pm ---the currently available unzip package gets me unzip 6.00, with a side-effect though!!!
--- End quote ---

</silence>The number of side-effects of all Zip3/Unzip6 OS/2 distributions, not managed by a digital package manager, exceeds one. I don't need large file support yet, so I've downgraded Zip/Unzip too, IIRC by using zip232unzip552ecs12.zip.<silence>

ak120:

--- Quote from: Andreas Schnellbacher on October 19, 2017, 12:41:32 am ---Dariusz, you posted screenshots from an outdated an now unsupported unpack tool.
--- End quote ---

It's still supported, simply fill the form here:
http://www.rpfsoftware.com/supportform.shtml

--- Quote ---If you're looking for a recent and supported GUI tool, then use Zippy.

--- End quote ---
Rosyjska wysoka technologia - prawdopodobnie zły żart ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version