Author Topic: Gimp on OS/2  (Read 93065 times)

RickCHodgin

Re: Gimp on OS/2
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2017, 07:57:28 pm »
Is there any interest in creating a graphics app that is not GIMP, but is GIMP-like?

RickCHodgin

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2017, 11:27:52 pm »
Is there any interest in creating a graphics app that is not GIMP, but is GIMP-like?

If I wrote the general framework in Presentation Manager, created the thread model, got the base set of tools working with skeleton windows, icons, toolbars, some base load and save algorithms, and created the internal model for representing images for display, layers, selection, undo, etc., would anyone else be interested in continuing development after that?

I would be available to help with anything needed, but most of the algorithms that I'd be able to help with could be found in the GIMP source code.  I do have some models for features I would've liked to see added to GIMP:  Replication layer array, and Find and Replace, and I have a half dozen other good ideas.

One is for anti-aliased merging, and the ability to take fringe pixels and blend them in more smoothly to pasted layers so that content taken from a white background merges onto a dark background without visible artifacts, and vice-versa.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:45:02 pm by Rick C. Hodgin »

RickCHodgin

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2017, 02:00:32 am »
If I wrote the general framework in Presentation Manager, created the thread model, got the base set of tools working with skeleton windows, icons, toolbars, some base load and save algorithms, and created the internal model for representing images for display, layers, selection, undo, etc., would anyone else be interested in continuing development after that?

I did a little work on this tonight.  I was able to get the Layers window, Toolbar window, and main image window visible in Watcom OS/2.  It would be doable if anyone's interested.  It would be called Imagine;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:09:06 am by Rick C. Hodgin »