OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

Hardware Reports / Reviews - More - MORE !!!!

(1/9) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I was wondering if there is interest on publishing "quick" hardware reports on the OS2World Wiki.

I had made some examples of Hardware I had been testing with ArcaOS 5.0.1 and I will post them on this thread.

- Lenovo Gaming Precision Mouse
- Lenovo Multi-function Mouse M300
- Genius KB-19e NB Keyboard
- Genius Scorpion K10 Gaming Keyboard
- Genius Scorpion K9 Gaming Keyboard
- Lenovo Wireless Touchpad K5923
And reported by other parties.
- Logitech Illuminated wireless keyboard K800
- Belkin F8E206 USB Keyboard
- Logitech Unifying Transceiver
- Logitech Wireless Mouse M280

Please post your reviews, I just need the hardwareID and some quick comments.

Regards

Valery Sedletski:
These:

- Logitech Unifying Transceiver
- Logitech Wireless Mouse M280
- Logitech Illuminated wireless keyboard K800

were tested by me on MCP2/ACP2, so I know nothing about ArcaOS. But it should work with ArcaOS too, with big probability. Also, I should note a disadvantage of keyboard k800: It stops responding frequently on pre-boot applications, e.g., pure DOS, BIOS setup, FreeLDR, QSINIT apps. After a cold reboot it works again. And it works fine under OS/2 (I saw no times when it stops responding in OS/2, only in pre-boot environment). It is very annoying, but otherwise, it is very pleasant keyboard (it is wireless, charging from microusb, and having two rechargeable AA batteries inside, which could be replaced to batteries with more capacity. It uses Logitech Unifying receiver, which can be used together with a wireless mouse, like Logitech M280, supporting the same Unifying receiver. I also heard that the you can take two Unifying receivers, plug them into two computers and switch between them via a keypress. I did not tried this, yet, though. I ordered two more Unifying receivers on Aliexpress, waiting for their arrival. Will test them, when they arrive. The wireless keyboards/mice can be paired to an Unifying receiver by a win32 utility, downloaded from Logitech site. It is paired only once, and works without a special software on any OS.) Also, the K800 keyboard has a backlight with adjusted brightness and a sensor of hands proximity. It turns off on inactivity and turns on when you bring your hands to it. Very pleasant in use, except for that it sometimes does not responding (only in BIOS pre-boot environment).

PS: It also has no problem with key autorepeat, as with much newer USB keyboards. I bought another USB keyboard (some OKLICK model, with backlight, too, but it was much cheaper than K800) before this one, and it did not autorepeat keys, when you hold it on. K800, in difference from that OKLICK keyboard, does autorepeat well. I suspect that it is applicable to all Logitech keyboards.

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: Valery Sedletski on November 10, 2017, 05:28:53 pm ---I bought another USB keyboard (some OKLICK model, with backlight, too, but it was much cheaper than K800) before this one, and it did not autorepeat keys, when you hold it on.

--- End quote ---
This may be fixed with David's last USB driver version USB-11.17.exe.

Martin Iturbide:
Thank you.

More Hardware tested on OS/2-ArcaOS-eCS is welcome !!!

Regards

roberto:
Hello Martin,
I believe that in scanner, you should include any network scanner,
 that can send the scanned document by mail or by ftp.
For this, drivers are not needed, all the more an FTP server program, to receive the documents.

I see this:
http://www.os2world.com/wiki/index.php/Scanners
saludos

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version