OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Storage

oddities with OS2AHCI version 2.04

(1/5) > >>

Lars:
I recently installed version 2.04 which indeed fixes the problem with the system freezing on invoking smartahci.exe which happened with version 2.03.

But now I have this oddity: if I invoke smartahci.exe more than once in a row, the first invocation will work fine but the second invocation will again freeze the system.
I tried this commandline: smartahci.exe -i hd0

Before I open a problem report at AN: Does anyone experience the same problem ? Or is it just me ?

Rene Hvidsoe:
Hi Lars,

No issues here with the new version 2.04

David McKenna:
 Lars,

Can run it over and over here with no issue....

Lars:
1) I have 16 GB of system memory. How much do you have ?
2) I have an AMD 8-core system ("8350 Eight-Core Processor", I think that is Bulldozer architecture). What do you have ?

I have tried to limit memory via VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT. That works as described and I can also use memory in excess of the 4 GB boundary as memory for the QSINIT ram disk.

But I have the suspicion that there is a bug in the kernel if more than 4 GB physical memory is installed in that the memory management will go bad. I have many odd effects, from sudden reboots to some Theseus working set script (getws.exe) leading to a kernel trap as soon as I execute it.

I have no special SW installed whatsoever.

David McKenna:
 8GB installed memory, the upper part of which is setup as a RAM disk used for the swapper and temp files. Running with an Intel i3-6100 (2 cores) H110 chipset. VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=2816. Maybe you should run a memory check?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version