OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

PCIE Wide Screen video

(1/2) > >>

Greg Pringle:
Are there any video PCIe video cards that  can do 1920 x 1200 resolution?

ak120:

--- Quote from: Greg Pringle on January 05, 2018, 04:10:00 pm ---Are there any video PCIe video cards that  can do 1920 x 1200 resolution?

--- End quote ---
In a PCI Express ×16 slot the ATI FireMV 2200 works here in this resolution. Every other ATI card should do the same using a DVI connection.

I don't know, what you mean by the term "video cards" perhaps a frame-grabber or some other form of digital video input (without audio)?

Rolf:

Yes, I have the resolution 1920x1200 on my graphics card:
RV610 [Radeon HD 2400 PRO] , ($94C3)

Rolf

Dave Yeo:
Any with enough memory (128KB?) should be able to do it. The problem is having it listed in the video BIOS. With Panorama, you can force it to use the wide screen resolution and with SNAP, you can patch the BIOS and replace a resolution with 1920x1200.
For SNAP this worked here to force 1680x1050. Forget where I got it.

Andreas Schnellbacher:
As Dave and maybe others already wrote: There's usually no problem to get that resolution. Panorama supports what the BIOS supports in VESA mode. Most BIOS versions support 1920x1200, also with digital output.

If you want accelerated graphics, then you're limited to SNAP and older hardware, mainly ATI, up to Radeon X750/800/850. Also the X300 card works well with SNAP, but performs much worse than the formers.

Summary: You don't need anything special for that mode. The on-board graphic suffices, if the BIOS supports it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version