Author Topic: Installation Volume Manager Location  (Read 4995 times)

Eric Erickson

• View Profile
Installation Volume Manager Location
« on: January 23, 2018, 08:10:46 pm »
Just installed on a new system. More to report on those issues later. But I've found that the Installation Volume Manager is not in the System Setup Folder anymore. After searching around, I found it in the Install/Remove Folder.

Personally I don't think this is correct. I expected to find it in the System Setup as before. Before I open a ticket, can anyone else report on the location they find it?

TIA

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Installation Volume Manager Location
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:40:06 pm »
Here it is also in the Install/Remove folder. System Setup has the Logical Volume Manager (Advanced).

Eric Erickson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 04:07:30 am »
Here it is also in the Install/Remove folder. System Setup has the Logical Volume Manager (Advanced).

The LVM object in the Setup folder is the text based tool, which is not as easy to use as the Installation Volume Manager.

Whats anyone else opinion? Should a shadow be here?

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 04:28:49 am »
Here, it seems to be the old GUI LVM manager installed in system setup and I don't see any objects for the text mod LVM manager, it does come up by entering lvm in a cmd console. This is 5.0.1. I'll check after with 5.0.1.8 but I doubt it has changed.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 05:45:21 am »
I'll check after with 5.0.1.8 but I doubt it has changed.

5.0.1.8 has both the simple (Installation Volume Manger) and advanced LVM programs installed in System Setup, so it seems the next release will be similar.
The next release is getting close.

Eric Erickson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 11:14:36 pm »

The LVM object in the Setup folder is the text based tool, which is not as easy to use as the Installation Volume Manager.

Whats anyone else opinion? Should a shadow be here?

My bad here. The version in the System Setup is the Java based GUI. I did not examine it too closely, just noticed it was not the one I wanted to use.