Author Topic: eCS on an Asus X55U?  (Read 37856 times)

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
eCS 2.1 on an Asus X55U?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 02:16:15 am »
I tried eCS 2.1 on my Asus X55U. It did not get very far in the installation. I was able to chose some options but it would result in it stopping on the installation where it would go no further or a trap error (did not record it :( ). I guess I will have to wait till 2.2 comes out to try that version.

I also tried ReactOS 0.3.16 but it did not get very far either. It resulted in the BSOD.
BigGoofyGuy

Pete

• View Profile
Re: eCS on an Asus X55U?
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 05:31:02 pm »
Hi Tom

What ACPI setting did you use in the Pre-Boot Menu?

If you have Software Subscription give the 2.2 beta2 a try - and report the results to the eCS BugTracker as well as here.

Regards

Pete

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 02:26:55 am »
I don't remember the ACPI setting but I will check.

I will see if I can download the 2.2 beta. If I don't have the software subscription (I am pretty sure I do), I will download it and give it a try.  8)
BigGoofyGuy

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
Will try eCS 2.2 Beta on an Asus X55U
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 08:14:52 pm »
I will try installing the eCS 2.2 beta DVD on my Asus X55U notebook computer. I am having a little problem with installing it on my netbook but I am hoping it will work better on the notebook.  8)
BigGoofyGuy

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
GUID?
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 12:13:47 am »
I tried installing eCS 2.2 beta on the Asus X55U. It seems that the X55U uses the GUID partition table. It seems eCS is unable to handle it / incompatible with it. It shows this information when it gets to the part where it checks the hard drive. It indicates that one should check with the eCS Quick Start Guide for advice. It indicates that it has to be removed and the drive re-partitioned but it does not show how to do it. 
BigGoofyGuy

Eugene Gorbunoff

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 01:04:35 am »
Buy one more hard drive, remove original, insert new one into the laptop,

Disable EFI in BIOS Setup,

Try installation of eCS without ACPI.

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 02:11:48 am »
I will check online to see if I can find a drive for it and see if I can find one that does not cost a lot.  ;D

I want to see if there is a way around the GUID partition table; perhaps a way to reformat or re-partition the drive. I am checking online. :)
BigGoofyGuy

dbanet

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 06:17:37 pm »

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 10:13:06 pm »
I will get the DFSee and use it. I think there is a way to boot it from an USB drive? I will check out the one that is with FreeDOS. Thanks.  8)

I will come back with the results.  8)
BigGoofyGuy

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2014, 03:41:07 pm »
Just use the built-in eComStation disk utility to wipe the drive. The manual should tell you how to do this, but you can access it from the Maintenance Console, "Disk" menu.

dbanet

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 07:08:55 pm »
Just use the built-in eComStation disk utility to wipe the drive. The manual should tell you how to do this, but you can access it from the Maintenance Console, "Disk" menu.

Alex,
I get the 'incompatible' message when it is checking the drive and before I can check the 'management' button.    I believe it is after one check 'I accept' and goes to the next screen and checks the drive. I was hoping to get to the 'management' button but it exits me out before I can.

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 11:33:15 am »
?I don't see the quoted message anywhere...?

Anyway, just cancel out of the installer on the first screen to get to the maintenance console.

dbanet

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2014, 05:03:29 pm »

Anyway, just cancel out of the installer on the first screen to get to the maintenance console.

To get to the citation source, you need to move and point your mouse cursor on the hyperlink that starts from Quote from: and that is located above the citation you need to get the source of, like this:

Then you may notice that the hyperlink has just become underlined, and the universal resource locator has appeared in the status bar of your browser, like this:

The universal resource locator (URL) that has just appeared is the reference of the hyperlink you've pointed your mouse cursor to, and that was previously mentioned. This URL locates the desired source of the citation.

Now you just need to click your mouse to get to the citation source.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:05:13 pm by Boris »

dbanet

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2014, 05:05:47 pm »
Don't take that seriously pls  ;D ;D

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 04:27:06 pm »

I will give that a try. Thanks.  8)
BigGoofyGuy