Author Topic: eCS on an Asus X55U?  (Read 37859 times)

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
Re: eCS on an Asus X55U?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 03:30:14 am »
I used FreeDOS to re-partition the hard drive. It would not boot from the hard drive. I tried eCS 2.2 beta on it. It did not report an in compatible with GUID message. It took a couple of hours to check and format the drive. It went to reboot as part of the installation process but re-started the installation process again. The hard drive is partitioned JFS yet it indicates it was not formatted. I have gotten farther with it than I did before. I will try again.  :(
BigGoofyGuy

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
Success at last
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2014, 11:58:06 pm »
I tried again. It would get to the point where it would reboot to complete the installation. It was suppose to show the option of booting from the hard drive. It did not. I tried it again. It stopped at the reboot. I changed the bios to boot from a boot manager. It showed the 'boot from the hard drive' option. It completed the installation. It now has eComStation 2.2 beta on it now. It did not detect the network and it does not have sound but has eCS on it now. I am glad. I can work on the problems later. I will use the program from the Acer Aspire One thread. :)

Now I don't have to use Windows 8. The Asus X55U was not really up to par to run it. It showed since it was really slow and would freeze up every so often.
BigGoofyGuy

Mentore

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 10:01:57 am »
Sounds good. Please let us know your progress!

Mentore

onlineuser2

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2014, 09:34:17 pm »
By the way:
on line you can find Asus X55U (in two different configurations) sold WITHOUT any OS.
If you get good results, first steps (unistalling win etc) may be not necessary.
go on working !! and ... working around..
thanks for your report
Onlineuser2

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2014, 04:58:31 pm »
By the way:
on line you can find Asus X55U (in two different configurations) sold WITHOUT any OS.
If you get good results, first steps (unistalling win etc) may be not necessary.
go on working !! and ... working around..
thanks for your report
Onlineuser2

The one I bought was floor display that was on sale / discounted. I wish I knew about them coming without an OS (slapping head with hand). Next time, I will look online. Thanks.  8)
BigGoofyGuy

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2014, 09:13:26 pm »
I seem to have a problem with it. It boots and seems to start eComStation but shows this air boot? (IIRC on program that lists the drives). I had the installation disc in the optical drive and it might have run from it. I will try installing eComStation onto it again to see if it works.   ???
BigGoofyGuy

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 03:38:25 pm »
I have tried again but it shows the drive has an error. I have download and created the bootable DFSee disc. I will be buying DFSee from Arca Noae at their store.  8)
BigGoofyGuy