Author Topic: eCS demo CD beta 5  (Read 26258 times)

jdeb

Re: eCS demo CD beta 5
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 09:24:30 pm »
Much better ! Great Job!

Default Boot...It boots up fast. 1 out of 4 cores. No audio. No flash video. Thumb drive in USB works. Posting from Demo CD. AM3 board 770 Chip-set, AMD X4-965 quad Core. Realtec Lan.

All cores show when manual SMP mode, no crash. Same with Audio, works fine.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:27:26 pm by jdeb »

warp

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 02:52:37 pm »
I am writing this post from the desktop pc with eCS Demo Cd 2.2. As I already said, the system works fine and the ACPI recognized all 4 processors! The 16 Gbyte Corsair USB key has been properly detected.

I have chosen "boot with your own values" and the ALSA driver was already enabled. In spite of that, the sound is still missing. Motherboard ASUS M4A88T-V EVO with AMD 880G / SB 710 chipset.

Audio ALC892 8-channel High Definition Audio Codec

Anyway, a good job!

Most likely the audio driver works when you select it in the pre boot menu (boot with own value's).

What is a real problem is that the mixer with audio chips per mainboard/laptop manufactor are WIRED different.
The result is the audio is played but you don't hear it. We are still looking to fix this. But its not an easy one.
I forgot the technicall details.

Roderick

arr531

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 12:06:45 am »
I am running the demo cd on a Dell Insprion 8200 laptop. I don't know if this has something to do with no sound but I did notice that the audio device and the usb host controller are sharing the same interrupt. I don't know if 11 is shareable or not. They are the only 2 devices that show as sharing the same interrupt. I ran it on my desktop which is a Dell Dimension 4700 and it has a Intel ICH6 audio chip and if I recall it was using interrupt 23. On that machine there is no audible sound as well. Other than this, all the rest of the hardware in the machines seems to work.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 12:25:31 am »
Adam,

The IRQ does not have to be shareable but the drivers have to be able to share an IRQ for anything to work correctly.

Joseph M. Kempf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 10:46:30 pm »
I am writing this post from the desktop pc with eCS Demo Cd 2.2. As I already said, the system works fine and the ACPI recognized all 4 processors! The 16 Gbyte Corsair USB key has been properly detected.

I have chosen "boot with your own values" and the ALSA driver was already enabled. In spite of that, the sound is still missing. Motherboard ASUS M4A88T-V EVO with AMD 880G / SB 710 chipset.

Audio ALC892 8-channel High Definition Audio Codec

Anyway, a good job!

<SNIP>

I hope to try this eCS v2.2 beta on an Motherboard ASUS A88X-Plus motherboard with an AMD A10 four core CPU later this week with audio; ALC887 High Definition Audio Codec.  I'll report how it goes.   I'm please how this beta works so far on a MSI FM2 A75MA-P33 motherboard with an AMD A10 four core CPU. So far no sound with the ALC887 on the MSI motherboard.