Author Topic: Install Arca OS via USB stick  (Read 689 times)

gt

• View Profile
Install Arca OS via USB stick
« on: April 10, 2024, 09:46:43 pm »
Hello everyone,
I bought Arca OS 5.0.5 a couple of years ago and just now finally trying to install it on real hardware, not just VirtulaBox.

I have my ISO file, but Rufus on Windows doesn't recognise it as bootable and writing it to a USB stick doesn't seem to make it bootable. Arca Noae's docs suggest using dfsanwin.exe to create a USB stick installer, but I don't seem to have this anywhere and can't find it online.

Can anybody suggest how to make a USB installer from the ISO?

Cheers

Garry

Dave Yeo

• View Profile

Pete

• View Profile
Re: Install Arca OS via USB stick
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 01:01:09 am »
Hi Garry

The ArcaOS-5.0.5.7z file that you downloaded from ArcaNoae contains dfsanwin.exe

Regards

Pete

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 01:11:02 am »
Hello everyone,
I bought Arca OS 5.0.5 a couple of years ago and just now finally trying to install it on real hardware, not just VirtulaBox.

I have my ISO file, but Rufus on Windows doesn't recognise it as bootable and writing it to a USB stick doesn't seem to make it bootable. Arca Noae's docs suggest using dfsanwin.exe to create a USB stick installer, but I don't seem to have this anywhere and can't find it online.

Can anybody suggest how to make a USB installer from the ISO?

Cheers

Garry

Hi,

The iso file was into an archive file.
Into this archive file you have the needed dfsee script like dfsanwin usable under windows system as well  readusb.txt about how to create your bootable usb key.
I would suggest you to download your arcaos archive again.

Regards

gt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 11:24:55 am »
Thanks all, unfortunately, I don't have the .7z file anymore, just the ISO. It's bought and paid for, but it was a couple of years ago now, so I can't re-download it. So I guess the tools I need to make an installer aren't freely available? If not, I'll try Arca Noae.

Cheers

Garry

Jochen Schäfer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 12:58:01 pm »
You should be able to log in to the Arca Noae website and generate a new archive of your purchase. But be patient, it will take some time.

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 03:20:05 pm »
If all you have is the .ISO, then burn a DVD and boot a computer from it. Once booted, you can go to the /AOSBOOT directory and execute AOSBOOT <drive letter of USB stick> <ISO filename>.

If you have an OS/2 computer running, you can skip the DVD part.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2024, 04:19:31 pm »
Thanks all, unfortunately, I don't have the .7z file anymore, just the ISO. It's bought and paid for, but it was a couple of years ago now, so I can't re-download it. So I guess the tools I need to make an installer aren't freely available? If not, I'll try Arca Noae.

Cheers

Garry

You need the correct version of dfsanwin.exe, not a another copy of the ISO. I'd suggest writing Arca Noae and asking where to download it from. Usually it is available from the same place the ISO is, but it has been a while since your version was released.