Author Topic: OS/4 Kernel and QSINIT - some more Questions  (Read 16401 times)

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: OS/4 Kernel and QSINIT - some more Questions
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 05:29:13 pm »
You said:
I am Using:

QSINIT Loader Version 360, dated 2015-10-10

but the picture shows that you are using Version 327, which is somewhat older. Perhaps check everything to be sure that it is all the same version.

walking_x

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 06:36:12 pm »
that is what it looks like if I do like you suggested.
No! :) On screenshot - dir a\*.cmd instead of a:\*.cmd, ":" missed ;)

Pattern match code seems a bit incorrect, but it shows all cmds in the current dir then, not in a:\

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 07:34:48 pm »
You said:
I am Using:

QSINIT Loader Version 360, dated 2015-10-10

but the picture shows that you are using Version 327, which is somewhat older. Perhaps check everything to be sure that it is all the same version.

Yes, sorry, I seem to confuse sometime the files that I use to build my DVD and the ones installed on the Sony  :-\

that is what it looks like if I do like you suggested.
No! :) On screenshot - dir a\*.cmd instead of a:\*.cmd, ":" missed ;)

Pattern match code seems a bit incorrect, but it shows all cmds in the current dir then, not in a:\

Sorry again, I am getting old, I guess....

So, changed everything, results are in the pictures - seem to be even worse. I included a picture of the HDD Layout as it is seen by QSINIT.

dx2

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 08:07:27 pm »
So, changed everything, results are in the pictures - seem to be even worse. I included a picture of the HDD Layout as it is seen by QSINIT.
Yes, looks like boot from HPFS partition "OS/2 Warp 4" (boot partition is always marked as 0:/A: in list).
QSINIT unable to browse HPFS/JFS on boot and this error is normal.

I.e. "call" option can help on FAT boot only (from FAT partition or emulated disk - pae or veit`s memdisk). Even if I can implement HPFS read in future, I am just avoid writing to such complex file systems at boot time.

p.s. hmm, can't even remember when created this second login ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:20:17 pm by dx2 »

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 10:26:23 pm »

I.e. "call" option can help on FAT boot only (from FAT partition or emulated disk - pae or veit`s memdisk). Even if I can implement HPFS read in future, I am just avoid writing to such complex file systems at boot time.

p.s. hmm, can't even remember when created this second login ;)

Thanks for the clarification - I deleted the call things from OS2LDR.INI and changed that I "only" use 14.106SMP or OS4 kernel so that I do nat have to change files (at least I try it this way), doscall1 etc. are all taken from the 14106SMP Part.

While 14106SMP is booting fine, as before, OS/4 does start now - but stopps when it comes to start the PMSHELL.EXE and crashes (no CTRl+ALT+DEL) - so almost at the end of the boot process. Will look into this later.

OS/4 kernel while starting complains (with or wihtout acpi4.sys support) to not having acpi4.bpd (a file I do not have), but seems to ignore it later..

Well, have to look more into it... ::) :)

Thanks so far!