Author Topic: Porting apps with GCC - Whops, SDL not found???  (Read 5012 times)

Mentore

• View Profile
Porting apps with GCC - Whops, SDL not found???
« on: October 17, 2014, 09:17:41 am »
Now, this puzzles me.

I'm getting back to build some OS/2 ports, and some of them are SDL applications.

I'm using Paul Smedley's build environment, together with the updated GCC (currently I have installed GCC 3.3.5, 4.5.2, 4.7.3 and 4.9.1 in separate /usr/local??? directories).

The last time I tried, (which is months ago) SDL was correctly recognized: all the relevant files are under the \extras directory under the root drive (U:\extras\bin, \lib, \include) and the sdl-config script is correctly located and pointed to by the command files gcc335.cmd (452, 473, 491).

I even managed to build some SDL apps (namely, software related to ZX Spectrum emulation, a version of SDL scavenger and some other little thing).

Now, it seems this doesn't work anymore: even double-checking everything, configure or make cannot find the SDL libs or includes (this depends on the program I'm trying to compile).

As I'm not so much interested in SDL software developing, this doesn't trouble me a lot, but still I'd like to be able to port some other SDL application.

The only thing I changed since the last ports I made is that I installed the latest SDL libraries, copying them over the older files. So everything should be in the correct places: header files in \extras\include, libraries in \extras\lib and so on.

I'm afraid I will have to copy everything in \usr\local???, but this might end in a mess, and I'd like to avoid it and keep the neat structure I already used.

Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Mentore

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Porting apps with GCC - Whops, SDL not found???
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 04:35:18 pm »
Look in config.log, there's probably a conflict with headers or iconv and the test program from configure is failing.

Mentore

• View Profile
Re: Porting apps with GCC - Whops, SDL not found???
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:46:35 am »
Look in config.log, there's probably a conflict with headers or iconv and the test program from configure is failing.

It seems that the sdl-config script coming with the latest SDL releases is somehow broken. I had to edit the paths inside to refer \extras\include and \extras\lib as the older versions.

It still doesn't work, but I'm on my way to solve the problem. Thanks Dave!