Author Topic: Problem on the PDF creation  (Read 11589 times)

mickhead

Problem on the PDF creation
« on: February 16, 2015, 09:02:08 pm »
Greetings
Any person knowing the resolve of a problem on the PDF creation?

Source file print comes out of Maul and tried to many drivers and ePDF combination: Apple Color Laser Write 12/1600, HP DesignJet 750c Plus/PS, ePDF PS driver. I make prints to file and ePDF.
ePDF make return error code = 1.
Postscript files I open in GSView returns = below is text.

The Maul source file contain clipped frames (transparency?). How to make a compatible PDF or PS with such design?
Thank you.

---------------------------------------------
GPL Ghostscript 8.71 (2010-02-10)
Copyright (C) 2010 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
Displaying non DSC file E:/HOME/test1.ps
Error: /undefined in SavedState2
Operand stack:
Execution stack:
   %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push   1846   1   3   %oparray_pop   1845   1   3   %oparray_pop   1829   1   3   %oparray_pop   1723   1   3   %oparray_pop   --nostringval--   %errorexec_pop   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
   --dict:1155/1684(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:79/200(L)--   --dict:61/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: No such file or directory
--- Begin offending input ---
--- End offending input ---
file offset = 279552
gsapi_run_string_continue returns -101

Pete

• View Profile
Re: Problem on the PDF creation
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 03:44:21 am »
Hi Mick Head

I suspect the problem is in this line of your log:-

Error: /undefined in SavedState2

I was seeing a similar problem causing cups2 to fail to print jobs passed from my OS/2 printer.

It seems the postscript driver that I was using - ecups.drv - was the cause of the problem and switching to using the psprint.drv  - http://www.altsan.org/os2/printing/index.html#psprint - resolved that problem.
I can only suggest you give it a try and see if it helps.

Regards

Pete

mickhead

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 10:15:36 pm »
losepete,
Thank you for suggestion.
How does I tell new psprint.drv installed? I follow readme note and no difference appears. On Queue options of object only driver list is pmprint.
Again, thank you for help.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 10:46:51 pm »
Hi Mick Head

I think to test psprint.drv I would:-

1] Follow the steps in the psprint readme file in order to add the printer PPD file to the psprint.drv

2] Create a new OS/2 printer object, name the printer, select to install a new driver, enter the path to the psprint.drv file and click Refresh, select the printer from the displayed list.

3] Open the Properties of the new OS/2 printer and setup output port and Default job properties.

4] Try to print the document that fails to print with the other printer.

If the above fails with the same error I think I would then contact the author of psprint.drv, Alex Taylor, and ask  if there was any chance he could look into the problem.

Regards

Pete

mickhead

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 11:35:24 pm »
I will retrace steps, thank you for response.

xynixme

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 10:33:10 pm »
What's the home of EPDF.DLL?

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 02:54:28 pm »

xynixme

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 11:30:53 am »
What's the home of EPDF.DLL?

Frank Wochatz's website: http://www.subsys.de/epdf

Been there, actually, but I couldn't find EPDF.DLL in any of his "ePDF and addons" section files. Rexx DLLs yes, but not EPDF.DLL (required by PDFMerge/2). If it's the right township indeed, then what's the house where EPDF.DLL lives?

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 02:57:41 pm »
Are you sure there is such a DLL?

I use ePDF as the printer in firefox (works extremely well producing PDFs from web pages) and I can't find an EPDF.DLL on my system, ePDF.EXE yes but no ePDF.dll.

Rich Walsh

• ONU! (OS/2 is NOT Unix!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 03:50:54 am »
I use ePDF as the printer in firefox

Why bother? FF is quite capable of producing good PDF's on its own. Select "Print to file", then give the file name a '.pdf' extension.

The printer you select doesn't seem to have any effect on output quality. I've installed two dummy printers (since I don't have a real one): an HP9500 Color Laserjet PS and one that uses IBMNULL. The _only_ difference I see is that I get a small margin with the Laserjet even though I've set zero-width margins in Page Setup - the IBMNULL fills the PDF page edge-to-edge.

xynixme

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 10:55:57 am »
Are you sure there is such a DLL?

I use ePDF as the printer in firefox (works extremely well producing PDFs from web pages) and I can't find an EPDF.DLL on my system, ePDF.EXE yes but no ePDF.dll.

Last time I checked a file called EPDF.DLL was required by http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/apps/pdfmerge0801.zip. That's PDFMerge/2 of the "related stuff"-section of http://www.subsys.de/ePDF.