Author Topic: VirtualBox with eCS host and SuSE 12.3 client -- any way to get audio?  (Read 4988 times)

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
Hi Doug, I tried the Virtualized ecs list and found nothing that helped.  I looks like you made sound work somewhat using ecs as a host with a Windoz client. How did you manage that?  I also have a Windoz client along with SuSE 12.3 but have gotten nowhere getting any sound when in Linux or windows.
  Thanks for any ideas from you or anybody else that might have information as to how to make this work.

klipp

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
Hi Doug, I tried the Virtualized ecs list and found nothing that helped.  I looks like you made sound work somewhat using ecs as a host with a Windoz client. How did you manage that?  I also have a Windoz client along with SuSE 12.3 but have gotten nowhere getting any sound when in Linux or windows.
  Thanks for any ideas from you or anybody else that might have information as to how to make this work.

klipp

I buy my DVDs & go to the movies for A list ones, but abandon-ware I have a different look on.  You can find VirtualPC for OS/2 on the net (I bought mine for over $200) the last Win I tried was XP with sound.  But I'm pretty sure the old VBox port does not have stable sound (like Doug stated) - email Paul S. about the details or who ported it or find and download VirtualPC for OS/2 !

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:27:48 am by Greggory Shaw »