Author Topic: XWP Startup Folder - How to make it work?  (Read 5027 times)

Pete

• View Profile
XWP Startup Folder - How to make it work?
« on: February 22, 2016, 10:17:17 pm »
Hi All

As the RSJ CD Writer Error Log does not get restarted after a Desktop restart I investigated using the XWP Startup Folder for this program object by moving the RSJ CD Writer Error Log program object from the standard Startup folder to the newly created XWP Startup Folder and rebooted to test.

That seems to have been a bad mistake as the boot resulted in the famous "Cannot start ..." message. In fact this XWP Startup Folder has probably only worked for 1 in 30 boots. Yes, I do a lot of reboots when I am experimenting with coding and it goes a little wrong during testing...  :-)

Seems to me that there is something very wrong with the XWP Startup Folder or I have something misconfigured.

Any ideas on getting the XWP Startup folder working? - XWP version is 1.0.9

Regards

Pete

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
Re: XWP Startup Folder - How to make it work?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 01:21:23 am »
Seems to me that there is something very wrong with the XWP Startup Folder or I have something misconfigured.
No, it works well in general. I guess you have problems with your inis. I would try to clean them and reduce their size. That has helped me always in the past, when I had any problems with them.

Be prepared to restore older copies. The mechnism in DMT works well, beside the WPS archives, of course.

Pete

• View Profile
Re: XWP Startup Folder - How to make it work?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 02:06:32 pm »
Hi Andreas

I have not yet run cleanini and checkini against ini files although it may not be a bad idea as DMT does not seem to remove any clutter.

I have found an "Initial delay" setting in the XWP Startup Folder which when set to 5000ms seems to have resolved the problem - no problems on 6 boots so far - so it looks like it was a startup timing problem.

Regards

Pete