Author Topic: Fun: We don't have that issues.  (Read 5355 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Fun: We don't have that issues.
« on: June 22, 2016, 07:33:44 pm »
We don't have that issue with OS/2  :P

Mark Zuckerberg Tapes Over His Webcam. Should You?

Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

RickCHodgin

Re: Fun: We don't have that issues.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 08:05:50 pm »
We don't have that issue with OS/2  :P

LOL!

Mark Zuckerberg Tapes Over His Webcam. Should You?

I do.  I have bright orange tape on mine so people will ask me why. :-)  The revelations of Edward Snowden have made it a requirement for anyone interested in video / image privacy.  It's still reported they can listen to your conversations at any point regardless of whether or not the phone's on or off.

Fox News video report on tracking
Fox News video report on listening

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:20:54 pm by Rick C. Hodgin »

RickCHodgin

Re: Fun: We don't have that issues.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 04:22:13 pm »
And there are other and increasing revelations that there is something similar to ECHELON at work in our computers.

Here's an article I wrote back in 2008 outlining the possibility when vPro was first introduced by Intel for use in their x86-based server CPUs at the time, but has since been migrated to include many other systems:

TG Daily Article -- "Big Brother Potentially Exists Right Now In Our PCs"

-----
And here's a recent article that outlines it in 2016:

"Recent Intel x86 processors implement a secret, powerful control mechanism that runs on a separate chip that no one is allowed to audit or examine. When these are eventually compromised, they'll expose all affected systems to nearly unkillable, undetectable rootkit attacks."

-----
It seems the corporate giants of the world want to own our digital presence completely, while giving us the illusion of freedom.

My Goals with ES/2, and all of my projects in general:

This is the primary reason I started the Liberty Software Foundation, to create liberty software alternatives that are completely open, are not tied to prior work, are from the ground up brand new, and include a full stack from hardware to firmware to operating systems to drivers to applications, all contributed by those working for the Liberty Software Foundation, with all of it being completely open, including the hardware design for CPUs, memory, video, audio, networking, etc.

I call it the Village Freedom Project (and here), and it was begun with the foundation upon Jesus Christ, because He gives us the strong moral foundation from which to proceed, and to do so without agendas of money, or power, or in trying to dominate people, but rather to help and love them as by our labor given over to improve their lives.  And I want this effort to proceed outward to all facets of existence, into farming, and housing, and everything to which people have expertise.

I call it Liberty "Software" Foundation because the software is the part that can be changed.  Our thinking.  Our attitudes.  The reasons why we do things.  And the expression of our philosophical understanding of our disciplines with regards to a proper relationship with Jesus Christ.  It is all software in that regard, and there is a form which is right and true, proper and bug-free, and it is the one which aligns with the call of Jesus Christ in our lives, to be truthful, honest, loving, caring, helping, compassionate human beings one to another.

It is not the call of the church to dominate, or have huge money buildings, or to grow large congregations bent on tithing and so on.  The Lord wants us to love Him, and serve Him, and to then take the resources He's blessed us with and turn them back to Him, which means turning them back to our fellow man.  We are to be helpers, and carers, and loving people who want to improve other people's lives by our labor and resources.

It's a big project, a big program, and I desire to do it with my whole heart.  I welcome any devout Christians who would like to come and participate.  Your service is to the Lord, and I would welcome you coming to serve Him in these areas, or to carry this work forward into the areas to which you have interest and expertise.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:23:55 pm by Rick C. Hodgin »