RsyncBackup/2 - easy way to setup Rsync v3.09 for OS/2.
Rsync is a fast and extraordinarily versatile file copying tool. It can copy locally, to/from another host over any remote shell, or to/from a remote rsync daemon. ... Rsync is widely used for backups and mirroring and as an improved copy command for everyday use.
- Zip backup boot partition
- Scans and auto setup of Local & Network backup of paritions
- Or use the included scripts
- Install 'DragText' for timed backups (included with eCS 2.2)
- Setup of the Rsync ServerNeeds some testing and suggestions
, I have it about where I want to go with it.
I'm using these parameters (any thoughts ? Post what you use please
rsync --dry-run --archive --itemize-changes --os2-perms --stats --xattrs --delete-during --log-file=\mptn\etc\rsyncd.log E:\ E:\Programs\Apps\Backups\rBackup\Backups\Local\Partitions\E
Local backup of partitions (auto setup)Scheduled backupsRsync Server for OS/2
Here is an older article about RsyncBackup (earlier version):http://os2notes.net/os2rsync.html