Author Topic: Regarding: Lewis Rosenthal interview by Bryan Lunduke  (Read 5075 times)

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
Regarding: Lewis Rosenthal interview by Bryan Lunduke
« on: May 24, 2017, 02:04:44 pm »
While I like this interview very much I would like to suggest some aspects though, just to not have to high expectations from may be new/unskilled users :

- regarding DOS/WINOS2 Support on modern "Bare metal" Hardware: I would not be sure that These are working on all "Bare Metal" Hardware where ArcaOS can be installed on. My Observation is the other way round. Since the ..30 series of Lenovo (i.e. X230T, T450s) DOS (and therefore WINOS2) is prevented from running by Problems with the graphic Driver. The same goes for the Sony Vaio Pro 13. That meens mostly the Laptop Generations from 2012/2013 on.

- Sound ist still not supported on These devices as well -> it is possible to view HTML5 Youtube Videos, but without Sound.... I think These Problems started with Hardware newer then the 2010 Generations

I just would like to have this in mind once People are asking about the capabilities of the OS, so that those interested in might not be dissapointed.

My personal Point of view aobut ArcaOS5 (hopefully it can already be read between the lines of my other articels) is very (very!) Positive! It is a huge step Forward and I hope that - especially the Sound Problem - is targeted in the near Feature. I will try my best to spread the News! But I do not want to have demands expected by users, that can not be fullfilled (so far).

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Regarding: Lewis Rosenthal interview by Bryan Lunduke
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 02:15:11 pm »
Reference:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oXKMZ56R2o

Hi Sigurd

I also share your constructive comments and I may add that modern Wifi support is also critical for the platform.

The interview was great and it shows some of the good points of ArcaOS. But, talking about a different video, I liked that at Warpstock Europe Lewis set up the statement that "we are not stopping here" and talked about the next steps with ArcaOS 5.1.

So let's hope that next in line there are some driver that are needed for the platform. It seems that ArcaOS sales are going good (according to what Lewis told on the interview), which means that they can pay their IBM Agreement and reinvest in the future of the platform.

Regards
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:44:43 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.