Author Topic: Firefox crashes on maps  (Read 18056 times)

guzzi

• View Profile
Re: Firefox crashes on maps
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 08:35:51 pm »
The latest version from the AN exp repo does not crash when browsing maps or using streetview.

Rene Hvidsoe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 10:06:42 pm »
Hi,

I have also tried the Firefox version 45.9 from ArcaNoa exp repo and it seems stable, with googlemaps it does not crash with some limited test as with Firefox 45.5. Hope they soon put in the release repo. Seems also quite responsive at least for me.

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 02:51:47 am »
Hi Dave!

...As for the large xul file, just lxlite it. Use http://home.earthlink.net/~steve53/betas/lxlt135-shl-20121201.zip and the flags that Mozilla uses are,
Code: [Select]
/yua /ydd /yxd /ynl /anp /b- /cs+ /d /i- /ml1 /mr2 /mf2 /r+ /u+ /x- /zs:0 /zx /zd.

Awesome advice, I did all the DLLs and EXEs...massive compression...makes for a faster load for sure!

Thanks for the details re: Mozilla CLI parameters...I put them in the lxlite cfg file as [firefox] setup.

drjohnnyfever

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 09:46:46 pm »
I put a copy of a build of the latest Firefox 45.9.0 sources built with -Os up on Hobbes if anyone wants to try it. I make no guarantees except that on my system it runs.

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 06:17:44 pm »
Hi Bill,

I put a copy of a build of the latest Firefox 45.9.0 sources built with -Os up on Hobbes if anyone wants to try it. I make no guarantees except that on my system it runs.

I wanted to give it a try, but attempting to start it produces a trap here, looks like a problem with NSPR4.DLL module, see the attached process TRP file.

Good news is that the FF team just announced they are ready to do an official GA release within the next few days!

drjohnnyfever

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 07:11:40 pm »
I realized a bit after I uploaded it that it requires libcx 0.6 and Icu 56 from the netlabs experimental repo. That may be the problem.

Rene Hvidsoe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 09:17:26 pm »
Hi ,

Just installed the very fresh released Firefox 45.9
https://github.com/bitwiseworks/mozilla-os2/releases/tag/FIREFOX_45_9_0esr_RELEASE_OS2_GA

And it is stable and no crash so far

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 04:21:44 pm »
Hi ,

Just installed the very fresh released Firefox 45.9
https://github.com/bitwiseworks/mozilla-os2/releases/tag/FIREFOX_45_9_0esr_RELEASE_OS2_GA

And it is stable and no crash so far

I can't get it to start at all. The instructions for installing from .zip are not sufficient.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2017, 05:56:08 pm »
Hi Neil,

I can't get it to start at all. The instructions for installing from .zip are not sufficient.

If you pull that *.7z archive you will find that the contents follow the RPM package directory structure, makes sense since they built it from the RPM package itself...so if you are like me and are looking for the old layout you will have to move the stuff around manually. That is pretty simple though, just move the stuff from unzip_path\@unix_root\usr\lib\firefox... to your final destination, in my case that mapped to g:\apps\tcpip\firefox

Also, make sure you review the contents of the RPM_REQUIREMENTS in the main unzip_path location. I found at least a couple of RPM packages there which I previously did not have or had an outdated version (and yet I was able to successfully test the pre-release versions):

1) bww-resources-rpm
2) hunspell

...and certainly there is a DEV version listed of the RPM package libc-devel, which you probably do not want to install since that contains a pile of source code...but again, just my experience here, I did not install it, FF 45.9 is up and running fine here.

Rene Hvidsoe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 09:59:46 pm »
Hi Neil,

To get running you need the new version of libc + libcdevel from the Netlabs experimental repo. I unzipped the firefox zip  and copied it to the usr + subfolders same structure as the zipped firefox file. Then made a copy of firefox.exe on my desktop.

I am pretty sure the neded files wil be moved to Netlabs release repo pretty soon.   

Here it runs just fine on ArcaOS.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 03:03:01 am »
1) bww-resources-rpm

Probably don't need this one either as it adds the icons to the desktop when installing the RPM

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 05:15:56 pm »
I did get Firefox 45 GA to run. I got libc and libcx from Netlabs-exp and installed them. I kept the RPM so I don't have to configure Netlabs-exp on every machine.

The maps issue is at least improved by Firefox 45. I haven't really exercised it, but doing what I did beta 8 would certainly have crashed and GA did not.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com