Author Topic: Get a Free copy of ArcaOS 5.0.1  (Read 22113 times)

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
Get a Free copy of ArcaOS 5.0.1
« on: September 21, 2017, 09:25:22 pm »

Valery Sedletski

• View Profile
Re: Get a Free copy of ArcaOS 5.0.1
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 12:28:15 am »
Why do you need this? Sound Blaster 16 (PNP) driver works fine. Also, you can try both High Definition Audio and AC97 emulation with Uniaud, one of them should work, if I correctly remember.

Ah, I understood. You want sound support for OS/2 host. Unfortunately, sound is not working under host OS/2, yet. But OS/2 guest running on any other host, works with sound. Sound support is quite an effort for me, as I didn't worked with sound applications, yet. Need to learn a bit, how to work with sound hardware.

PS: The VBox development is paused a bit, because now I am working on fat32.ifs. It will be continued soon. There are some problems with financing, though. Last time,  I was enhancing the shared folders IFS in the OS/2 guest additions. Will need to finish it first. Not sure yet, when I could work on sound support.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:46:31 am by Valery Sedletski »

Herwig Bauernfeind

• View Profile
Re: Get a Free copy of ArcaOS 5.0.1
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 12:16:11 pm »
As bitwise works is the maintainer of the VBox port for OS/2, we would have appreciated if you had contacted us before posting your offer here. Unfortunately it will take quite some more financial effort than the cost of an ArcaOS license.

We encourage everyone to buy development units for the VBox project in our webshop

https://www.bitwiseworks.com/shop/index.php?id_product=31&controller=product&id_lang=2

in order to ensure the port is enhanced.

Herwig Bauernfeind
CFO bww bitwise works