Author Topic: read flac file on Arca-os  (Read 863 times)

robert francoeur

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
read flac file on Arca-os
« on: July 13, 2017, 07:17:53 pm »
 I use VlC to read my flac 24bits 96k  , it works fine

howi to associate all Flac file to start with VLC

If you know a another soft to read Flac files  , i take the sugggestion

Bobvirago
Robert

Dave Yeo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 94
    • View Profile
Re: read flac file on Arca-os
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 01:10:21 am »
Just double click your flac file and it should play using the builtin flac support. If not, it probably means the system can't handle the high resolution of your flac files.
To associate with VLC (or FFplay or MPlayer), right click on the VLC icon, open properties, go to the association tab, scroll down to FLAC under available types and press the add button.

robert francoeur

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 01:49:03 am »
 I add flac in the menu of vlc

i go to the folder where is my flac file , neither have  the icon of vlc   , if i choice one  flac , open menu open as  vlc  , now this file start with vlc , it have the vlc icon on it , but i want all my flac files start with  vlc,  , in others words remove the others option start, player,audioeditor  etc etc..

ivan

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 01:58:51 am »
It sounds as if you need ASSOEDIT from Henk Kelder (part of his WPTOOLS I think and on hobbes).  That will allow you to set up the associations you want or you could produce a small rexx script to do that as well.

Dave Yeo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 02:15:55 am »
Assoedit is definitely the simplest solution. I'd advise archiving your desktop before playing with it.

André Heldoorn

• Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 9
    • View Profile

robert francoeur

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 06:31:39 pm »

well assoedit work but the problem it add Vlc at the 4"position of priority

i need  a software who remove all correspondance of FLAC , flac must do nothing
after  will   re associate  flac with Vlc

Thanks

Robert

Laurenz Sommer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 07:39:21 pm »
I think this http://www.os2world.com/wiki/index.php/File_Extensions_Association#Alternative_3:_Using_XWorkplace_to_Associate_File_Extensions might help you. I use the way described in chapter "Alternative 3: Using XWorkplace to Associate File Extensions" where you can arrange the associations by simple drag and drop.

Andreas Schnellbacher

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 08:37:02 pm »
well assoedit work but the problem it add Vlc at the 4"position of priority
AssoEdit has the buttons [Delete] [Add] and [Make default]. It's able to do what you want.

From its menu click on Associations -> Associations by file Filter. Select *.FLAC and use the buttons to remove all other entries than vlc.

robert francoeur

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 05:50:10 pm »
 (  AssoEdit has the buttons [Delete] [Add] and [Make default]. It's able to do what you want.

From its menu click on Associations -> Associations by file Filter. Select *.FLAC and use the buttons to remove all other entries than vlc. ]

Well assoedit i can just see VLC   , i  can just remove it  , not they others  i can see it

others choice via Xworkplace ,  I dont see anywhere Xworkplace , if it is installed or not
it is a fresh insttalion of arca-os 5.01   , i dont kown if it is installed  .

Robert

Andreas Schnellbacher

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 06:30:16 pm »
Well assoedit i can just see VLC   , i  can just remove it  , not they others  i can see it
Then you have a WPS class installed which defines these associations. The WPS handles associations in the following order: by class -> by filter -> by type (.TYPE EA). That can't be changed.

You can deregister the WPS class that is responcible for the unwanted associations, but you have to find out its name.

It could help to list the context menu entries.

The XWorkplace extended associations (bundled with the Turbo Folders feature) can't help here. AFAIR it changes the order to by class -> by type, lets one assign multiple filters for a type and adds a comfortable GUI for definition. I did like that feature very much, but since the combination with the buggy Turbo Folders, I don't use it anymore.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:36:38 pm by Andreas Schnellbacher »

Rich Walsh

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 04:28:31 am »
The attached zip contains 'RWC', a WPS Class utility I wrote a million years ago. It will do everything you'll ever need to do in the simplest possible way. Posting it here is far easier for me than having to describe how to use XWP's Class List or writing a REXX script. I'd encourage anyone reading this to grab it.

Robert, after unzipping it, run it, then press the 'Deregister Class' button. Enter "MMFLAC", press 'OK'. Done!

Next, restart the Desktop. When it returns, your FLAC files may be associated with 'VLC' - or they may not. To guarantee that all of them are associated with it, open 'Properties' for your 'VLC' program object and turn to the 'Association' page. Leave the existing association by file type in place even though it is probably useless in most cases.

Instead, at the bottom in 'New name', enter *.FLAC, then press 'Add'. Now, enter *.FLA and press 'Add'. All your FLAC files should now open in VLC and nothing else.

Rich Walsh

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 04:43:50 pm »
Here's some how-to info for anyone who downloaded 'RWC' from the posting above:

Create Object: There are several fields you can fill in, but the only one that's required is the class name. If you leave the other fields blank, it will create the object on the Desktop using the class' default title and settings.

List Classes: these are the WPS classes that are registered. It's very possible to have other classes in use that were loaded by other means. XWP's 'Class List' will display everything currently loaded.

Register Class / Unregister Class: Class names are case-sensitive! If you make a mistake and registration fails, unregister the class first using the mistaken spelling before trying again. Otherwise, your class list will fill up with invalid entries.

Replace Class / Restore Class: both options ask for 'Original Class' and 'Replacement Class'. In almost all cases, the 'Original Class' is the name of the class that IBM supplied, e.g. "WPDrives". The 'Replacement Class' must already be registered before you try to use it here.

Here's a practical use-case if you have ArcaOS v5.0 (this problem was fixed in 5.0.1): the last version of XWP introduced an "XWPDrives" replacement class. In AOS 5.0 it got registered but the replacement didn't happen due to a scripting error. You can use 'RWC' to fix the error:
  • press 'Replace Class'
  • enter "WPDrives" as the original class and "XWPDrives" as the replacement class
  • press OK
After a Desktop restart, newly mounted USB drives will now show up in the 'Drives' folder when using Xview.

Pete

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 09:40:40 pm »
Hi Rich

Using the xWorkplace WPS Class List I see 2 Orphaned classes, Ezplay and WPTouch.

Both show "Class loading failed" - presumably because neither ezplay2.dll (Ezplay) or tcp.dll (WPTouch) exist. I tried using the Deregister option which failed for both those classes.

Then I saw RWC so thought I would give it a try but that also fails to Deregister those classes.

Is it  a case of those classes cannot be Deregistered?

Regards

Pete

Rich Walsh

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 03:58:51 pm »
I see 2 Orphaned classes, Ezplay and WPTouch. [...] I tried using the Deregister option which failed for both those classes. Then I saw RWC [...] but that also fails to Deregister those classes.

Is it  a case of those classes cannot be Deregistered?

They can't be deregistered by conventional means - it requires some trickery. I did this years ago on my old system and just ran through the procedure on my new AOS system to confirm it works, You may find this a bit too hackish for your tastes.

Boot up without the WPS by changing "SET RUNWORKPLACE=" in 'config.sys' from "PMSHELL.EXE" to "CMD.EXE". This will give you a windowed command prompt. Change to your 'OS2' directory and remove the system and readonly attributes from 'os2sys.ini'. Next, open 'os2sys.ini' in a hex editor (PM is running so you can use GUI apps).

Scroll through the contents looking for the Class List - it should be obvious: classname, some dots, dll name, etc. Find "WPTouch" (it's at the beginning of the list). Change the 'W' to some other letter, so you end up with, say, "QPTouch". Do the same for "Ezplay". Save the file, close the editor, then edit 'config.sys' to restore "SET RUNWORKPLACE=".

Reboot using C-A-D. When the WPS returns, you will be able to use RWC or XWP Class List to deregister the renamed classes.