Author Topic: Arca Noae Website  (Read 8397 times)

Mike La Martina

• View Profile
Arca Noae Website
« on: October 20, 2017, 04:10:38 pm »
I have just made a second attempt to donate to the Bitwise QT project.
The website is very slow, and wants all kinds of information.  Why should I have to log in to make a donation?
I can only conclude that they are daring me to give my money.
Don't worry I won't try again.  >:(
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:52:33 pm by Martin Iturbide »

Andi B.

• View Profile
Re: Arce Noea Website
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 04:13:15 pm »

warpsalad

Re: Arca Noae Website
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 08:26:08 pm »
Doesn't the Arca Noae website run on OS/2?

Greg Pringle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 01:47:06 pm »
I complained vigorously to about the website and did not get a reply.
It is clear the back end software used is very bad.
I have been using OS/2 for a web site with applications running for 17 years without problems. The slow response of Arca Noae is clearly a programing issue.
I actually live a short distance from Arca Noae's office. Maybe they need some consulting.

warpsalad

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 03:40:14 pm »
So I have a complaint on the ArcaNoae website, too. After getting an email notification that my license (for Arca OS) needed to be renewed, the redirect link took a long time and then eventually failed.

Not sure I'd trust OS/2 running a website for security--because a lot of the (older) ported packages like apache or php have serious vulnerabilities.

Olafur Gunnlaugsson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 04:24:20 pm »
So I have a complaint on the ArcaNoae website, too. After getting an email notification that my license (for Arca OS) needed to be renewed, the redirect link took a long time and then eventually failed.

Not sure I'd trust OS/2 running a website for security--because a lot of the (older) ported packages like apache or php have serious vulnerabilities.

Its not OS/2 that is the problem, it is their Wordpress based system.

xynixme

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 11:49:19 am »
</silence>FWIW: the news that AN's webshop is accepting cryptocurrencies, is "fake news". AN will accept real money only, and will just have found some new company which is willing to sell your cryptocurrency for you. Since buying and selling money is both useless and not free in such a case, you may as well try to skip buying and selling money. If the volatility is extreme, the buying and selling will be even more expensive.

If you really, really have to give using cryptocurrencies a try because you believe it's interesting or trending, they you'd better buy a cheaper item, like ordering a pizza instead of an OS. In the end AN wants real money, like all other businesses which do(n't) accept cryptocurrencies.

Reality: money -> service provider -> volatile, unsafe crypto units -> AN's service provider -> money -> AN.

Reommended, cheaper and less dangerous: money -> AN<silence>