Author Topic: Timidity MCD install (Minstaller).  (Read 27038 times)

mauro

• View Profile
Re: Timidity MCD install (Minstaller).
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2019, 10:12:25 pm »
Hi mauro,

You could also try Class manager (search for classman on hobbes) which is what I use when I need to deregister classes.

I'll try it
thank you

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2019, 06:44:42 am »
It's possible that these classes cannot be deregistered in the normal way. It is possible that they are always preloaded via some OS2SYS.INI or OS2.INI key, I forgot which one that was.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2019, 04:40:07 pm »
Hi All

A possible ini file entry is:-

Application                                    Key
   PM_Workplace:IplLoad         MMMIDI

Not sure if this line in config.sys is relevant - change the "?" for appropriate drive letter

DEVICE=?:\MMOS2\MMPLAYER\midi.sys

Regards

Pete

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2019, 05:56:21 pm »
Hi All

A possible ini file entry is:-

Application                                    Key
   PM_Workplace:IplLoad         MMMIDI

Not sure if this line in config.sys is relevant - change the "?" for appropriate drive letter

DEVICE=?:\MMOS2\MMPLAYER\midi.sys

Regards

Pete

1) Thanks, yes, that is exactly the registry key that I meant.
2) I don't think MIDI.SYS is necessary to play MIDI files. MIDI files are played either directly through audio HW (if it supports that which these days most audio HW does not) or by creating,parameterizing and concatenating PCM sound fragments (that's what Timidity does in SW). I think MIDI.SYS is only necessary to control a device that can be controlled via MIDI commands such as a keyboard with MIDI input.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2019, 09:14:47 pm »
Hi mauro,

You could also try Class manager (search for classman on hobbes) which is what I use when I need to deregister classes.

I'll try it
thank you

just tried, and again it confirms having deregistered the MMMIDI class, but then (also after rebooting) nothing has changed.  Fine, if it is still not clear how to make it, then no problem at all, I will handle the file context menu choice to play midi with TiMidity, good enough for me    :)

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2019, 09:36:39 pm »
There are another couple of places in the ini that might need deleting as well.

PMWP_ASSOC_FILTER  and
PMWP_ASSOC_TYPE  just find the *.mid and delete it.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2019, 12:23:08 pm »
By the way, I'm preparing a new release, which includes several improvements to the PM GUI.

to keep an eye on it, we're talking about http://www.altsan.org/programming/ports/  page, right?
[/quote]

That's correct, yes.  Coming soon.
[/quote]

Hi Alex, not looking for putting pressure but just to have an idea if it would be good for me keep waiting a bit more or installing meantime the current Timidity GUI version from your page : are you planning to release the update shortly?
Thank you much

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2019, 01:54:18 pm »
Yeah, sorry. The new build is actually all done, I'm just working on ironing some kinks out of the WPI installer.  I'm travelling at the moment but I'll try and get back to this next week.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 05:23:49 pm »
Yeah, sorry. The new build is actually all done, I'm just working on ironing some kinks out of the WPI installer.  I'm travelling at the moment but I'll try and get back to this next week.

ok thank you Alex, repeat it was just to have an idea if waiting could be the better choice, and you confirmed it is.

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2019, 09:47:50 pm »
Well, here is the release candidate.  I haven't been able to test it as much as I'd have liked, but I figure I might as well set it loose. 

If nobody reports any problems with this build and WPI, I'll release it to Hobbes (etc) in a few days.
http://altsan.org/programming/ports/timidity_player_2132_os2_r3.wpi

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2019, 04:15:12 pm »
Well, here is the release candidate.  I haven't been able to test it as much as I'd have liked, but I figure I might as well set it loose. 

If nobody reports any problems with this build and WPI, I'll release it to Hobbes (etc) in a few days.
http://altsan.org/programming/ports/timidity_player_2132_os2_r3.wpi

Hi Alex, works fine in my OS2 Warp 4.51 virtualboxlized . Player autoplay is by default as it should be, and the checkbox status correctly works as left (if changed) for next session.
Still not possible associating .MID to TiMidity as default opening application (as talked in other posts), but guess this is a different handling.
Thank you

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2019, 09:02:31 am »
I can also confirm that timidity.exe works for me.

You can still associate "timidity.exe" with MIDI files. The only problem is that it won't play on a double click but instead you have to invoke it via the MIDI file's context menu.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2019, 08:00:35 pm »
I can also confirm that timidity.exe works for me.

You can still associate "timidity.exe" with MIDI files. The only problem is that it won't play on a double click but instead you have to invoke it via the MIDI file's context menu.

Hi Lars, yes I actually do so. I hoped to make Timidity (no matter if Player or text mode) the default application for clicking a midi file icon, but I learned that this is a hard task due to a very protective MMOS2 handling configuration

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2020, 11:14:50 pm »
Looks good here also, Thanks Alex