Author Topic: Testing GenMAC with Unsupported drivers  (Read 31516 times)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Re: Testing GenMAC with Unsupported drivers
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 01:14:49 am »
Hi All,

I haven't had an opportunity yet to dust off the T60 and test this
locally, but I made a built of wpa_supplicant 2.3

The cross platform changelog is at
http://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/plain/wpa_supplicant/ChangeLog

Download available from
http://smedley.id.au/tmp/wpa_supplicant-2.3-os2-20141012.zip

Feedback appreciated before I upload this to my site.

Cheers,

Paul

eirik

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 11:36:33 pm »
Hi Paul,

tried the new wpa supplicant on my T410.  Same (negative) result as on past attempts = driver (Intel Centrino 6300 a/g/n) loads properly, but no working WiFi.  When going into properties on Wireless LAN monitor (ver 3.12 beta 2) on then "Device" tab, no device is listed (as for previous versions of the wpa supplicant). 

It did not work for me, but hopefully for someone else soon.  Please keep up the good work  /  Eirik

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 12:10:51 am »
I tried version 2.3 on my test machine, which has an old DLink DWL-G520 adapter. The new supplicant works as well as the old one did. There are problems, but I am pretty sure that the Supplicant has nothing to do with the problems.

I will try on more modern hardware sometime tomorrow, but the problems there are more basic than anything the supplicant does. The most serious problem is that I can find no way to turn on the radio. From what I have read, it seems that radio power is now controlled by ACPI, and we don't have anything that knows about that. I expect that Erik has the same problem.

Mike Kölling

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 12:58:13 pm »
Tried today on my X200 together with "Intel 3945 a/b/g [8086:4227] - GenMAC". Works as well as WPA-Supplicant version 2.2. Seems to be a little bit faster in establishing the connection.
Greetings from Potsdam / Germany,
Mike

Mike Kölling

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2014, 12:44:28 pm »
WPA_Supplicat v2.3 failed on my X200 with an D-LINK DIR-615 router, but version 2.2 is able to connect.
Greetings from Potsdam / Germany
Mike

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 07:39:05 am »
I will try on more modern hardware sometime tomorrow

I finally got around to trying this on my Lenovo ThinkPad L530, with Intel 2200 b/g/n [8086:0891]. Same old problem, no radio. The supplicant doesn't even open the window (it is set to do so).

FWIW, I use a DLink DIR-655 router. I don't think the router has anything to do with my problem. I tried my antique Asus WL330g as an Access point, and I see the same problem (as expected). I am also using DHCP from dhcp-client-preview2.zip, which works great on ALL of my systems, wired, and wireless, when the driver will load, and when the connection can be established.