Author Topic: [Arca Noae] So, what would you like to see next?  (Read 20566 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: [Arca Noae] So, what would you like to see next?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 04:14:44 am »
I'd suggest running without the WPS for a bit to see how useless the Presentation Manager is without it.
WPS will not run without PM too :)

To be honest I don't care which component should be cloned first, PM or WPS, because we still don't have any developers on board for this. But I will support any open source efforts on any of this two components.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 09:43:52 am »
I would like to see next:

- Intel WLAN Drivers for modern chipsets
- UNIAUD Sound for modern chipsets
- Modified Panorama or preferred SNAP
- Dreaming - Bluetooth

Not so important to me (but I would like to see as well):
- USB 3.0 support (I do not know if this works on other Laptops as well, but the Sony Vaio Pro 13 I have is according to the specs "only" equipped with 2 USB 3.0 ports, in fact those are working in USB 2.0 mode with OS/2 Merlin as well because there is an USB EHCD controller on board - may be a fallback modus?)
- UEFI support (the Sony Vaio Pro 13 has the needed BIOS Settings for disabling Secure Boot and UEFI and choose Legacy boot, the same goes with the Lenovo X230T and my ASROCK 990FX Extreme 4 Mainboard - so I guess this is still possible for the most Laptops nad PC around - problems will occur on most of the Tablets (if one needs it))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:48:16 am by Sigurd Fastenrath »

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 02:49:28 pm »
I see that MB's are coming and going in shorter times than before. I want just to buy an MB and it has to work. So the chipsets on those boards need drivers.

Second concern are the rebuilds/ports from Windows and Linux for running on OS/2-eCS. Not a bad thing, but both OS systems needs more and more memory. So 4Gb might be a problem in the near future.

Build on the thought of number two, why not build a system in which you can run everything. OS/2-eCS finds out what it is, starts the necessary libs and runs the program. Porting is nice, but if you port the OS you don't have to port the programs. On the other hand, we could get trouble with the unwanted gifts from a Windows surrounding like viri and alike.