Author Topic: WarpIn application install database...  (Read 5669 times)

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
WarpIn application install database...
« on: December 07, 2014, 11:43:21 pm »
I have a number of applications which I had originally installed in paths such as \OS2\DLL...later on I moved these DLLs to \USR\DLL in order to separate them out of the main OS2 tree.

WarpIn still shows the OLD locations...is there a way for me to update these to correctly reflect the modified PATH locations?

The WarpIn documentation points out that a single "The Global Database" exists...no real pointer to a file...however, a quick inspection of a running WarpIn object identifies "DATBAS_G.INI" as the file. OK, problem is this file does not appear to use the standard OS2 INI file formatting, so none of my INI file editors can make any sense of it. Nor is it a simple TXT file, although one can certainly open it as such, however attempting to make changes is nearly impossible that way.

So....is there a way to update the entries to point to the NEW directories?

Thanks!

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: WarpIn application install database...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 04:14:32 am »
The easy way is to use WarpIn to remove the entires (don't uninstall), then reinstall, changing the target as required. You may have a problem if the package doesn't allow you to select individual paths for the DLLs. Most will automatically select the default path (usually either \OS2\DLL or \eCS\DLL).

I will comment, that you are simply making work for yourself by doing that.

problem is this file does not appear to use the standard OS2 INI file formatting

The INI Viewer, from FM/2 (in the tools), works, for me. The file name is "DATBAS_G.INI" where G is the boot drive letter, so you can use a single WarpIn install with multiple boot drives, if you like. I haven't tried using it to change anything in the INI file.