• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

GemPlus PC400 driver support

Started by miturbide, 2007.05.17, 05:18:16

Previous topic - Next topic

miturbide

Supporting thread for the GemPlus PC400  driver support bounty. The original and old bounty thread can be found here.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

kim

I guess that proper access to hardware might be an issue here, so I think that we could help out with a proper kit here to make any kind of work easier here.

So what we can offer here is first of all a PC-Card Smartcard reader from IBM (actually it's an OEM version of the GemPlus cards):

and of course a smartcard to play around with - the card we can include is 4K (or was it 1K) card that is used primary for single sign on solutions. And there is actually drivers available from IBM for this kind of solution. But finding this today is just waste of time. But here is the card:

If the problem is that you're not at all working with a laptop, well I got this card from Tommy (OS2 World Sysop) who donated this card for development purpose:

I've lately also manage to get hold of a USB smartcard reader that can be used for development and try outs.

kim

Noticed that GemPlus readers are on the list among supported readers for OpenID provided by TrustBear and guess that if any of the the other provided hardware would be better to provide support for then that would be alright:

• TrustBearer Security Key
  • CAC (Common Access Card)
  • PIV(Personal Identity Verification)
  • JCOP, personal smart card
  • Cosmo 64RSA, personal smart card
  • Athena, ASEDrive IIIe USB V2 Smart Card Reader
  • GemPC Twin, smart card reader
  • Cardman 3021, smart card reader
  • SCM, SCR3311 smart card reader
  • Cardman 6121, personal USB dongle
  • ID-One, personal USB token
  • SCM, SCR3320 smart card reader
  • PlusID 90, personal biometric fingerprint token
  • Precise Biometrics 200MC, personal biometric fingerprint and smartcard reader
  • Precise Biometrics 250MC, personal biometric fingerprint and smartcard reader

Also there are several OpenID providers available and listed at wikipedia.