• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

What is the Bounty?

Started by rdonnelly, 2008.10.19, 17:43:49

Previous topic - Next topic

rdonnelly

Hi,

Being new here, I was wondering if I can get a quick explanation of the Bounty and how it works?

Thanks
Just waiting for eCS to have all the features................

BigWarpGuy

I believe the bounty is something that has money that is paid to the person who ports and/or improves a driver or program for OS /2 and/or eCS. People donate money to a particular bounty to encourage others to try to port and/or improve a driver or program for OS/2 and/or eCS. I hope this helps. There are probably others with a more definitive answer to your question.  8)

rdonnelly

How many bounty hunters are in this forum? Are they willing to do windows ports?

saborion2

Re:

Quote from: rdonnelly on 2008.10.19, 23:55:07
How many bounty are there in this forum? Are they willing to do windows ports?

I believe you will get an idea here (click on attached link and scroll down) as to the "List of Bounties".

http://www.os2world.com/bounties

Hope this helps to answer your question and provide the information you are looking for.

Best regards.

rdonnelly

Does the money go to the bounty hunter or an OS/2 organization?

Saijin_Naib

The money goes to whoever completes the bounty to the satisfaction of the people who posted the bounty. For example, whoever compiles TerraIM under OS/2 to my satisfaction will get the 35$ I have sponsored the bounty with.

saborion2

MODERATOR/OS/2 WORLD FOUNDATION NOTE:

The following post has nothing to do with the OS/2 World Foundation, The OS/2 World Bounty System or any related process.

The OS/2 World Foundation (OS/2World) is in no way affiliated with, endorses or supports the product/porting effort indicated below ("A Native OS/2 Port of IBM's Lotus Notes 8.0 and IBM's Lotus Sametime 8.0"). Neither saborion2, or the company he works for, is any way authorized to make statements on behalf of OS2WF or about OS2WF's Bounty System. In addition, the Inter-American Development Bank is also not affiliated with (in any way) The OS2WF or it's Bounty System

Original post below

Re:

Quote from: Saijin_Naib on 2008.10.20, 01:12:45
The money goes to whoever completes the bounty to the satisfaction of the people who posted the bounty. For example, whoever compiles TerraIM under OS/2 to my satisfaction will get the ($)35 I have sponsored the bounty with.

Similarly to the above quoted... an additional negotiated and "bank financed" sum will be agreed and made payable to the company or individual committing to complete:

A Native OS/2 Port of IBM's Lotus Notes 8.0 and IBM's Lotus Sametime 8.0

http://www.iadb.org

RobertM

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|