• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

90 Minute Movie about OS/2 and eComStation planed

Started by Sigurd, 2009.06.15, 22:56:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigurd

Hi to all of you,

I am going to plan a 90 minutes vidoe movie about OS/2 and ecomstation. I will use better eqiupment and a lot of other enhancements for it. It will be something completly different from what you have seen on Youtube. There will be a german and an englisch/international version. Release date is planed at Warpstock Europe.

I think I will need 90 Minutes to explain much more about the historay from OS/2 to eCS and have more time to show some details of eComstation. But the 90 minutes will be devided into several chapters so it will be possible to split the movie in parts.

I do not want to make a commercial, it will be more like an information video.

So, before I start to write the scipt here is the chance for all of you to make your suggestions and thoughts that you may want to see in them movie.

A Question to Mensys/Serenity: Do you mind if I plan to do so? Do you have special thoughts/needs you need to talk about? Would you like to have an interview in there? I probably would visit Mensys for this, The Netherlands is not that fare awy from germany... :-)

Yes, i know, for some of you that may sound crazy or megalomaniac, but we will see.

I will keep you informed form time to time!

Cheers

Sigurd

cytan

This is a good idea. However, I think we should look FORWARD rather than back and shouldn't spend too much time describing how good/bad the situation was (i.e.comparing to win98, WinNT etc.). I'd like the video to also tell the audience what the future will be and what sort of active development is going on. An interview of Roderick Klein & Adrian Gerschwend would also be nice.

cytan

cyber

I agree with Cytan; target users does not even know what is Win98 and WinNT. Also, It should have part with one of greatest OS/2 eCS feature -> Internet stability and reliable work.  I've sorounded by bunch of Win users on same provider, wich allwas have very different problems, while my machine work 24/7 without single connection problem.
It is only sad fact that OS/2 and eCS have lesser usabillity than Win/Lin because of old Java/Flash pluggins.

Sigurd

Hi,

just to stress this: There will be no Windows nor Shootout between Windows and OS/2 or something like this in this Movie. Windows will only be seen (for a few moments) as:

- integrated part of OS/2 - eComStation in case of Windows 3.1
- running in Virtualbox for OS/2 to show that even Windows 7 can be used there for "Compatibility" if needed

I think everything else is wasting time and uselesse. It will be a movie about eComStation - not Windows  ;)

Sigurd

kim

Good idea and made the right way it would be a good educational source for students as well that try to understand various OS. We've had couple of times students asking questions about OS2 & eCS. Do you have any scripted time line for 90 minutes? Would be great if the narrating could be done for several languages as  well.