• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

New eComStation video online

Started by Sigurd, 2009.06.12, 01:37:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigurd

warpcafe

Sigurd,

thanks for your ongoing support and advocacy - much appreciated! Nice video. But:
Are you OK if I donate you a tripod? I have one lying around here since 5 years or more... I think it's worth it to enable you a "hands-free" usage. ;)

(DE: Was hältst Du davon, wenn ich Dir ein Stativ schenke, dass seit über 5 Jahren bei mir nutzlos rumliegt? :) Ist ernst gemeint...)

Grüße / Greetings
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

Sigurd

Hallo Thomas,

das ist aber nett! Das wäre sicher eine gute Hilfe. Die Aktion war mal wieder ein "Schnellschuss" der mir so Gestern Abend einfiel. Ich habe ja ohne hin vor, sofern eComStation als 2.0 auch offiziell dann zu haben ist, ein "vernünftigeres Video" zu drehen. Ich dachte Gestern, alle sind doch interessiert an Windows 7, vielleicht kann ich über diesen Umweg noch einige auf eComStation aufmerksam machen ;-)

Sag mir bitte, wie Du das "ablaufen" lassen willst, ich ersetze Dir selbstverständlich alle Kosten.

@international: Sorry for writing in German!

Gruss

Sigurd

ivan

Sigurd,

Very nice, even with my limited German I could follow what you were doing.

Now to make it better.  Is it possible to run an external monitor from the thinkpad and fix the camera in a position focused on that, much like the way I use a projector attached to my laptop for presentations?  That way you get to use the keyboard without having to move the camera.

Many years ago - before laptops - I used to give presentations by computer using a video camera connected to a video projection screen.  Aluminium tubing and plate made an excellent frame that held monitor and camera in alignment.  Now with portable video projectors and laptops it is much easier.

I don't know very much about video editing.  Is it like film editing where you have separate picture and audio?  If so then it should be relatively simple to dub a different voice over track to give your film different languages.  It may not be that easy with video.

With all that being said I must thank you for what you are doing to promote OS/2 eCS.

warpcafe

Sigurd,

regarding tripod "donation" - go here:
http://www.os2world.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,63/topic,1659.msg11395/#new
:)

Ivan, if you want to come up with a translated "audio", just go ahead!
Example: Record your voice comment while watching the video to have some kind of "synchronisation".
Then send me the audio file.

If you don't mind that I'll be doing this on a -cough- "non-eCS" platform ;) I will demux Sigurd's video and remux it with your sound file. Done. We will have to perhaps make Sigurd send me the "source file" so that it works better.

FWIW, I still have here a "scan converter" that can be used to grab streams from a PC (VGA output connector) and output it to video tape (or a frame grabber card). IIRC it supports only 4:3 resolutions up to 1024x768... well, it has some limitations.
If that is useful for Sigurd (dunno), I could put this into the box with the tripod too. ;)

Cheers,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

ivan

Thomas,

It would be better to ask Sigurd if he minds us doing this to his video - after all he is the one with the vision to do it in the first place.  Yes it would be good if the community got together to produce both promotional videos as well as some teaching ones.

When I have time over the weekend I'll write the script for the comments and post it here.  That way we can be sure I have it right first.

As to the platform used to get the job done - who cares - as long as it is done!  I'm an engineer first and foremost and believe in using the best tool to do the job.

Sigurd

Hi Thomas and Ivan,

you can use the video for everything you like! If you want to convert it or use another translation - go ahead! I will place the film on hobbes so that both of you can download it if you want.

I plan to make a better video as soon as eComStation 2.0 will be "official" availiable. Please give me some time to place the video at hobbes - I am a little busy this weekend.

Best regards to both of you

Sigurd

wesco

very very impressive!!!

how about a write up about what it took to get windows 7 running!

version of VBox? i only remember commandline versions of VBox on os/2.

does windows 7 get sound and usb support? does anyone know what the oldest intel processor it will run on?

Saijin_Naib

Win7 is insanely easy to set up, and installed much faster than Vista. Works fine on my P4 3.06ghz (faster than Vista).

michaelhenry

Bro. Michael Henry
Pastor
First Christian Church of Sheridan