• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

JFS eating CPU resources?

Started by RobertM, 2010.04.28, 23:36:59

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Quote from: Andi on 2010.04.30, 10:46:51
Back on the topic - in the mentioned document there's a possible explanation for this. Syncing the cache maybe your problem. I still think it's worth to play with the JFS parameters. In your case I would even suggest you to email Sjoerd.

That I saw... I am going to play with some of those figures to ensure the cache is sync'd. I'll see what that does... though I am sure there's still a lot of fragmentation. And with the sheer volume of data moving back and forth (between web outgoing, logging, mail in both directions, and the ftp server transferring gigs - of sometimes tens of thousands of small to medium sized images) I am guessing that, fragmentation aside, it's gonna have slowdowns when the cache is not sync'd.

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

RobertM

I'm planning on trying /MINBUFFER:8000 /MAXBUFFER:32000 which will set the values to 32MB and 128MB respectively - with a 500MB cache - on the SMP machine...

On the non-SMP machine, same buffer sizes, but smaller cache (200MB) as the running stuff (Apache, MySQL, PHP, etc) seem to eat as much as a gig and a half at times.

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|